PDA

View Full Version : Buff tip moth

Jonathan Ashton
07-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 1sec f16
This moth is usually found on birch twigs , the head resembles a broken twig and the tail looks like a bird dropping. They often lie more aligned to the branch making for excellent disguise.
All &C welcome

Arthur Morris
07-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Neat moth and killer BKGR. While I am generally a fan of bringing diagonals in from a corner I think that there is too much negative space on the left. I'd love to see this one with more room on the right and less on the left.... SH, EXP perfect.

Jonathan Ashton
07-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Neat moth and killer BKGR. While I am generally a fan of bringing diagonals in from a corner I think that there is too much negative space on the left. I'd love to see this one with more room on the right and less on the left.... SH, EXP perfect.
Thanks Artie, now you mention it I see where you are coming from, I will take another look.

Norm Dulak
07-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi Jon.

This is another in your unending inventory of interesting critters. As usual, exposure, composition and sharpness are all excellent. I think it might have been slightly more interesting if the background had some tonal variations, instead of being a homogeneous gray.