PDA

View Full Version : First macro post

Oscar Zangroniz
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
First macro with a new Sigma 150mm 2.8 lens. This is also my first post on this thread.

NIKON D300
Lens Sigma 150mm 2.8 macro
ISO: 400
Aperture: 4.8
Shutter: 1/1250
Exp. Comp.: -0.7
Program: Manual
White Bal.: AUTO

Thank you for your comments and critiques.
Regards,

Ramon M. Casares
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
I love it! It looks like fireworks!!! Nice first post!!! Congratulations!

Mike Moats
05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey Oscar, welcome on your first post. You'll have a lot of fun with your new 150, its a very sharp lens. I like your subject which is interesting. I would have liked to seen a little more DOF on the subject, unless you were looking for more of a soft abstracty look. I'm starting to think more like Robert about the black BG's, which have a look of being shot at night, which maybe it was.Hope to see you posting macro images here.

Julie Kenward
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Beautiful work, Oscar! Welcome to macro! I think your colors and subject matter are gorgeous and you did a great job with the crop. A tiny bit more DOF would be nice but I love it as is, too.

John Cooper
05-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Welcome Oscar!! Interesting subject matter and no doubt one that you could spend nearly all day experimenting with different exposures and DOF's. To me the spiky nature of this flower lends itself to a sharp focus and the light evenly distributed to emphasize all of the interesting golden tips.

Harold Davis
05-21-2008, 04:37 AM
i like the feel of this, oscar!! is this straight out of the camera or did you manipulate it in pp. great job either way!!!

Gus Cobos
05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Very nicely done Oscar,
The dark background really makes your subject stand out...:cool:

Roman Kurywczak
05-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi Oscar,
I'm going to go a bit against the grain here as I like the dark BG! This has a feel like a light ray is just poking through the leaves and illuminated this flower in the heavy shade..........even though I'm usually a max DOF guy..........I like the softness! Maybe just poping a little into the more subdues yellows would help............but this one has a very cool look to it! Very nice first post and keep them coming!

Alfred Forns
05-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Congrats on the lens Oscar !!!! Will be fun !!

I like the image very much. Would only like to see and area of clear sharp focus. I'm fine with the limited dof and the dark bg Both very cool !!!!

Fabs Forns
05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
I like the softeness and drama of this. Would probably crop all of the right and keep it as an abstract!

Robert O'Toole
05-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I like the colors and the dramatic lighting. I like Fabs idea of cropping some off of the right.

I would like to see some lighter mid tones.

Robert