PDA

View Full Version : Evening Owl

John Robinson
07-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Late Evening Little Owl
My Owls didn't breed this year but are still around the farm. I left them alone to avoid disturbance as much as possible but they didn't breed anyway, I have had 7 boxes up over the pasr 3 years and not one has been used. They are very picky.
This was taken in the late evening sun so I put it through Colour Washer and it corrected what appeared to be a colour cast. (But it was the evening sun !!)
Beats me- so this pic has lost the effect of when and what it was taken. Maybe some vegetation is obtrusive but its as it was.
D7000
ISO 650
F8 600th sec/ 70 % of frame
Neat image.. Image Guru. Bibble white balance.
The branch and the dock on the left look a bit bright maybe.
Sorry about lack of participation of late but the piscatorial pleasure season is upon us !! Had an 11 LB barbel last week.yippee !! Also massive it probs yet again !!
Cheers
JohnR

christopher galeski
07-16-2014, 10:30 PM
nice image John,like the eye contact,nice perch and pose,good detail,nice environment shot.TFS.

William Dickson
07-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Lovely natural looking image :S3:

Ian Wilson
07-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Beautiful work John, love the habitat. Tight lines, Ian.

Marina Scarr
07-17-2014, 07:02 AM
This is quite a lovely image, and I personally like seeing the vegetation. Pretty cool perch.

John Robinson
07-17-2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks all Good to see folks like the background which pleases me when it is possible. Not always so though.
Cheers
JohnR

Shawn Zierman
07-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Great head angle/eye contact. I really dig how the bird's left pupil is more dialated than the right pupil...just a cool litte detail. Perch quality is excellent! There are some processing marks to the lower left part of the perch that could be cleaned up.

Rick Bowers
07-17-2014, 08:57 AM
What a GREAT Little Owl image. Super perch, habitat, pose, head angle. A wonderful package.

John Robinson
07-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks both. Shawn - yes its easy to see where the light is coming from !
Thanks for pointing out my sloppy twig removal !!
Cheers
JohnR

adrian dancy
07-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Stunning image subject to minor points raised above. That is a superb perch. I wonder if you are not getting these breeding owing to many being wiped out because of previous hard winters?

John Robinson
07-18-2014, 09:20 AM
I,ve taken the bright dock out from the left and tidied up a little.
Looking atit now though the loss of the dock has maybe taken some of the late sunlight effect away ! WDYT
Cheers
JohnR