PDA

View Full Version : PentaFalls

Don Nelson
07-10-2014, 09:57 PM
5mkIII 24-70f2.8II at 27mm
1/4sec at f/10
5 falls at the top merging and continuing downward.
You cannot get a lower vantage point without losing the upper falls....

Don Railton
07-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Hi Don

Very nice... Light looks like it might have been a bit harsh but nothing you can do about that but wait, which is not always an option.

DON

David Kenny
07-11-2014, 07:07 AM
It almost has an HDR look to it. I like the comp with the stream exiting on the bottom left. It may just be me, but the shot doesn't seem level IMHO.

-Dave

Douglas Bolt
07-11-2014, 12:55 PM
I like the composition. Good choice of shutter speed and well balanced image. Initially, I thought a 1/3 less exposure would be interesting, but after looking at the image for a while, I'm not sure darker would improve the image. Where, BTW, is Penta Falls?

Don Nelson
07-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Is as level as the green line in the 5d3 says it is. This is with a ND1.8 filter (forgot to include that above).

Diane Miller
07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
The unlevel look is probably some sort of illusion, but I see it too. Maybe some distortion would help -- pulling the LL corner down. Even if something is technically correct, if it looks off I'll fix it.

This is gorgeous, though -- lovely movement of water through the frame, and very nice SS. I process in LR/ACR and I might try to pull highlights left and shadows right and see if I could reduce contrast a little. Would be stunning to see this in softer light.

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2014, 08:33 PM
Hi Don, for a full sunlit waterfall scene this one works very well, often I find it troublesome to photograph waterfalls on sunny days. I did try some recently with my D800's in-camera HDR feature, which I will share in a day or two. Perhaps a very slight tweak to fix what I too believe is a touch of distortion, creating the un-level illusion. Look forward to more.