William Dickson
07-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Canon 5D Mkiii
f/2.8 300mm with 2xiii
f/5.6
1/1000
ISO 800
+1.3 step

Captured this juv wagtail whilst photographing Great Crested Grebe at my local loch yesterday.

Thanks for having a look

Geoffrey Montagu
07-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Wonderful IQ. Extremely pleasing soft light. Just a bit tight in the frame IMO and I might add a little more room on the right.

Geoffrey

Sidharth Kodikal
07-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Lovely IQ, pose and eye contact. I like the size and placement in the frame. I like that the feet are visible and the nice water BG is a good match for this bird. Very minor point, but I'd evict the oof grass touching the legs. Nice work.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Nice pose, head turn and with lovely light. I find it a tad close to the edge on the right, do you have more pixels to recompose? in any case, this is a very nice image.

adrian dancy
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Excellent image , sharp and nicely lit and posed. However the image serves as reminder of a bad evening I had today when I chanced upon a juv yellow wag in Manchester city centre. I saw a bird by the river waiting for parents to feed. 'That bird is going nowhere' I said to myself. I went down some steps to get closer to the bird only to find some giggling girls following me and wondering what I was doing...yes they saw the bird and you can probably guess the rest.

Satish Ranadive
07-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Excellent image. Very nice pose with sharp details, nice low shooting angle, beautiful lights,BG and composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Jonathan Ashton
07-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Super shot of this chirpy little chap, the pose is just about right, my only suggestion is that it is perhaps just a little large in the frame.

Joe Murphy
07-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Cracking capture William, pose,IQ & POV are great, lovely reflection in the eye too.