PDA

View Full Version : Tuscany after Rain

Douglas Bolt
07-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Canon 5DM3, Canon 70-200@250 + 1.4TC , f4@5.7, ISO 160. PP: PSCC LCE, Sharpened PK, FF. The light was really nice after the shower.

Don Railton
07-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Hi Doug

Nice composition. Another lovely scene and light. I am very envious of your trip to these parts. I am not sure about your setting exactly , I think you have used a 70 to 200 F4 with a 1.5 TC at F5.6 and ISO 160. No shutter speed or Tripod/handheld status given unfortunately... The image has two dust bunnies ULC. The BG has a blue cast which is easy to mask out and remove. There is a halo sort of to the left of the church. Foreground colours look good. Sharpness is good but not as good as it could with the gear you have IMHO, although without shutter and tripod/handheld status this is more difficult to judge.. I think I would have choosen a little higher F number (~F8 to F13) and then either raised the ISO to give more shutter speed if you were hand held, or dropped the ISO to 100 if you had a tripod... this is a bit of a guess seeing we don't have the full picture of your setting.. 5D3 have better high ISO performance than my 1D4 which I am happy to use at 1600 to 2000. Landscapes I almost always do on a tripod and for that I will use ISO 100 whenever possible, but its the first thing I will lift if light is low.

best regards

DON

Douglas Bolt
07-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks, Don.

Shutter 1/250 @ f13 with camera on Gitzo tripod & RRS B40 head. Focus and level checked with live view.

Don Railton
07-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Hi Doug... Thanks for settings info. Looks about right to me... Looks sharper on the iPad than as I remember on the monitor at work so maybe I was wrong about sharpness. It should be good with tripod...I forgot to say earlier that I might consider removing the communications towers from the skyline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David Kenny
07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Looks sharp to me. I like how the dark mountains in the background really make the trees and buildings stand out. Don hit on the one issue I had with this shot. Are those cell towers in the background on the mountain top?

- Dave

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi Douglas, another nicely framed composition. I like the rays of light shining down from the cloud. The darkened mountain helps emphasize the buildings nicely.