PDA

View Full Version : Sarus Crane

Munish Kaushik
07-08-2014, 01:16 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3843/14583402046_bd35880a16_b.jpg

This is from Dadri Wetlands, which is quite close to my place. There was a Sarus couple roaming around in the fields. Gave me a chance to close to them. Light was good with some amount of Haze, which is common here in winters. Bird was shot horizontally but I loved the vertical crop here.

Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 100-400 F4.5-5.6 L IS, 1/500, f5.6, ISO 640

Regards,
Munish Kaushik
www.munishkaushik.com

gail bisson
07-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Interesting bird that I have not seen posted here before.
I wish the light had been behind you so that the shadowed area of the neck was not there. Perfect HA.
reds look great.
Very nice IQ.
The comp is not quite right.
I would either take some off the bottom and add a bit to the top OR I would include more of the body in the RHS

Satish Ranadive
07-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Excellent image, Munish.
Colors are fantastic. Nice details. Love the eye.
Rest is mentioned by Gail.

Regards,
Satish.

Munish Kaushik
07-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Interesting bird that I have not seen posted here before.
I wish the light had been behind you so that the shadowed area of the neck was not there. Perfect HA.
reds look great.
Very nice IQ.
The comp is not quite right.
I would either take some off the bottom and add a bit to the top OR I would include more of the body in the RHS

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the feedback. Light was right behind me. The blacks that you are are the facial feathers on this bird and not the shadow. I quite agree with the composition, Looked a little awkward to me but then I thought its just me. I shall try a different crop on this one and post on the thread later tonight.

Cheers,
Munish Kaushik

MiroslavMaric
07-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Hi Munish. Like the details and natural color of the bird. Lovely eye contact! It's not easy to balance the composition of such long neck but I would try to cut 1/6 of the bottom and add 1/5 BG on the top. Cheers! Miro