PDA

View Full Version : Garden Lizard: Portrait.

Satish Ranadive
07-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Image was created in end of March,2014 on rainy day.

550D,100-400.ISO 800, 1/640,@16.Manual.

Thanks for viewing ,appreciation and comments.
Kind Regards,

Allen Sparks
07-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi Satish,
I really like the scale detail you captured and the lighting of the lizard is very nice. Good DOF throughout. I'm noticing the black horizontal bar in the BG right above the lizard but I find that only mildly distracting. While this pose works for me as is, I am wondering if you have another shot with the feet in view - could add another level of interest to an already fine image. Well done.

Allen

Ron Conlon
07-07-2014, 07:02 PM
In addition to Allen's comments, the light was nicely handled.

Satish Ranadive
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi Satish,
I really like the scale detail you captured and the lighting of the lizard is very nice. Good DOF throughout. I'm noticing the black horizontal bar in the BG right above the lizard but I find that only mildly distracting. While this pose works for me as is, I am wondering if you have another shot with the feet in view - could add another level of interest to an already fine image. Well done.

Allen

Thank you so much for the feed back and beautiful words of appreciation. I do not have the image showing his feet.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
07-07-2014, 10:00 PM
In addition to Allen's comments, the light was nicely handled.

Thanks a lot for the comments.

Regards,
Satish.

Joseph Przybyla
07-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Love the exposure and detail Satish, spot on.

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Great pose very regal looking and confident! Shame about the feet but I thik it is super and for me well processed. You may wish to consider increasing contrast on the lizard and or increasing the clarity (if you have that slider) and or increasing sharpness a little more just to see what the effect is. (I suggest this because I made a similar post some time ago and it gives a slightly different impresssion of the subject that you may or may not like).

Satish Ranadive
07-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Joseph, Thanks a lot for the comments.

Jonathan,
I will reprocess as suggested. Lizard on the heap of grass covered with dark colored polythene I could not capture his legs.
Though got few more frames but this is the only one with better HA.

Regards,
Satish.

Carl Walker
07-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Super image Satish. Lovely detail and the comp is spot on. Yes it is a pity about the feet but still stunning:S3:

Steve Maxson
07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi Satish. Good comments and suggestions above. I agree about the feet. One thing you might try is to crop some from the bottom to make it more of a head and shoulders portrait - then the missing feet would not be an issue. :S3:

Satish Ranadive
07-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi Satish. Good comments and suggestions above. I agree about the feet. One thing you might try is to crop some from the bottom to make it more of a head and shoulders portrait - then the missing feet would not be an issue. :S3:
It is nice idea indeed. At present I am on tour, As soon as come back I will do it and will post it.

Thank you Carl for the feed back.

Regards,
Satish.