PDA

View Full Version : Blown

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
07-07-2014, 01:23 AM

D4 200f/2 at f/2 1/250 ISO800 HH

It's a bit of hit or miss with the exposure... In A mode for this one, shot wide open and let the metering choose the shutter speed or I should say guess at the shutter speed with the rapidly changing light. The whites are, well, blown, but I think okay here?

The game I play while shooting fireworks is to try and catch the rocket on the rise and click away just at or before the explosion. I nailed this one, the third of the string is shown, with the first just at the initial explosion.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Diane Miller
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Great catch of the initial explosion! Blown highlights are great here!

Cheryl Slechta
07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Wow! Great explosion. I love the burst and the smoke. And I don't mind the blown highlights:S3:

Nancy Bell
07-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Hey, I'm into fireworks now and this is a great super explosion! Good combination of smoke and sparkle, resulting in a dynamic compostition! Blown highlights are ok here.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
07-08-2014, 10:33 AM
Peter, Diane, Cheryl, Nancy,

Thanks much for the comments. The wind was pretty good for photography this year... the last post the wind was toward the crowd and not only did the smoke obscure the finale but ashes rained down on us. I'll post another in a bit.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
07-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I like this the best of those you've posted. You did a good job of combining the sparkle and the smoke, against a dark sky.