PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks spider

Hazel Grant
07-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Not much adjustment here....mostly increasing black and vibrance, but the "as shot" version, taken last night at our city fireworks, reminded me of a giant spider (even with too many legs). Just wanted to share it to say Happy 4th!

Nancy Bell
07-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Cool! Love those squiggly purple spider legs! You might just clone out that tiny bit of brightness on the bottom edge. Tonight I'm going to try to take photos of fireworks for the first time. Hope I get something wild like this.

Cheryl Slechta
07-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Hazel, I've never seen fireworks like this but it is very cool. I agree with the clean-up on the bottom this I love the image:S3:

Hazel Grant
07-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Thanks. Right about the bottom cleanup.

Kerry Perkins
07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Very cool Hazel, thanks for sharing! You captured a scene that the eye would not perceive and it sure does look like some alien creature. Fun image and well done, cleaning up that one spot will make it even better.

Hazel Grant
07-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Nikon D7000. 4.4 sec (bulb), f9 iso 100. If by wiggle, you mean did I move the camera to create the wiggly lines, then no. It was hand held because I had trouble using the tripod since the explosions where not always int he same place. I stood next to a post and leaned the camera against it to try to be a still as possible.

Diane Miller
07-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Maybe it wasn't intentional, but you did wiggle the camera enough to cause the wavy lines. No way to steady a camera at 4 sec unless on a sturdy tripod (helped by a remote release, IS OFF, and mirror lockup). But I think the effect is WONDERFUL!! Gorgeous color and sharpness, and you hit the shutter at just the right time to get a clean start of the burst.

I love it!

Hazel Grant
07-08-2014, 08:07 AM
oh, ok. Didn't think of that. The tripod was frustrating me because I kept getting partial, out of the window shots, even when I moved far back, so i tried the hand held method against the pole. Glad this one worked. thanks

Anita Bower
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
It does remind me of a spider. Very nice! Clean. Different from many fireworks images.