PDA

View Full Version : Another Happy 4th!

Diane Miller
07-04-2014, 03:50 PM
The base image is an old slide -- can't even remember when it was shot. I can "improve" it now. The fireworks are composited from individual shots of each burst.

http://www.adorama.com/alc/0011660/article/Amazing-multiple-fireworks-photoswith-a-little-help-from-Photoshop

Hope it isn't too realistic for here.

Mitch Carucci
07-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Dynamic composition! All the right elements for a great July 4th image.

Hazel Grant
07-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes, great image. I'm impressed also with how you layered the fireworks over the monument (getting rid of the black sky in between the flash streaks). Nice general layers that say God Bless America!

Diane Miller
07-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks, folks! I was conflicted about layering that burst over the Monument, but wanted to go for drama. (And show off my compositing skills.... :w3) In hindsight I would make the biggest burst even bigger and get rid of the spent burst above it (which was captured in the same shot) and put it behind the Monument.

The bursts are so easy to composite together, with perfect results when viewed at 100%. I neglected to say that I did some cross-processing on the Monument / Flag to try to give an effect of artifical light at night.

Nancy Bell
07-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Great composite for the 4th! Good inspiration for me. I have read your fireworks article and am taking it with me tonight for our local display.

Cheryl Slechta
07-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Nicely done, Diane and happy belated 4th:S3:

Anita Bower
07-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Great job. Powerful. Good combination of images to create a simple but strong image.