PDA

View Full Version : Lady in rain: Common Kestrel.

Satish Ranadive
07-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Image was created in end of Nove,2013 on rainy day.

550D,100-400.ISO 800, 1/400,@5.6.Manual.

Thanks for viewing ,appreciation and comments.
Kind Regards,

Karl Egressy
07-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Nice setting great pose, all in all a real beauty, Satish.

David Salem
07-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Nice look back pose and I like the detail in the feather pattern. Maybe a little more contrast or saturation to make the bird pop a bit more? Well captured Satish

keith mitchell
07-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Satish typical Kestrel pose they are always looking for something, the foliage makes the setting for me,all in all a very nice image.

Keith.

supreet.sahoo
07-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Lovely shot Satish sir, a typical Kestrel habitat and perch. A tad brighter would have made this even better in my humble opinion. TFS

John Robinson
07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Yes - a nice one Satish Maybe a little more"punch" as mentioned would improve a fine image.
John

Marina Scarr
07-04-2014, 04:04 PM
You had a pretty tough angle here and you did a good job making the bird appear lower than it was. Love the head turn and all of the environment.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Very nicely done Satish!
So cool specie! good job on making it look lower in the frame and with great details. Please keep them coming!

adrian dancy
07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm OK with the shooting angle and the detail etc. and in those regards you have done well. However the image to my eyes suffers slightly with the work you have done on the sky in trying to correct for colour. The original processing or camera capture colours are still evident over the bird's crown, distal part of bill, between the bird's left foot and stray feather coming off the primary feathers, between the bird's right wing primary feather and tail (near rump) and there is a darker toned blue blob adjacent to the upper right primary feather. More careful work and you are there.

Grace Scalzo
07-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Such a wonderful subject, pose and background. A little more work as Aiden and others have suggested…this image is worth it!

Satish Ranadive
07-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Thank you every body for the feed back. I will take care of all your suggestions and reprocess it.

Regards,
Satish.

Satish Ranadive
07-04-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm OK with the shooting angle and the detail etc. and in those regards you have done well. However the image to my eyes suffers slightly with the work you have done on the sky in trying to correct for colour. The original processing or camera capture colours are still evident over the bird's crown, distal part of bill, between the bird's left foot and stray feather coming off the primary feathers, between the bird's right wing primary feather and tail (near rump) and there is a darker toned blue blob adjacent to the upper right primary feather. More careful work and you are there.

Thanks a lot for the comments. Noted all your points.I will Reprocess it again.
Regards,
Satish.

Stu Bowie
07-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Satish, super pose, and I like how the foliage behind her follows the outline of her body. I do like the colours on her too.

gail bisson
07-05-2014, 07:52 AM
Looking forward to your repost. Adrian and his eagle eyes have addressed all issues very well. I may also be tempted to "prune" the branch that intersects with the chest,
Gail