PDA

View Full Version : Maggotts

John Robinson
07-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Went Barbel fishing again tonight and always take the camera to record any big stuff. Didn't catch so took a pic of my maggots. What a life they have !!ndeed - all they do all day is wiggle. ! Must be sort of boring
Funny how we stick one of these on a hook and think not too much about it. But stick a mouse on and oh dear- the bigger things get the worse it is to inflict damage yto them. Sorry- philosophical stage.
D7100
100 ISO 60th @f18
70 % of frame.
Just a laugh really - photographic life can get oh so serious.
Cheers
JohnR

Diane Miller
07-03-2014, 06:44 PM
A good laugh! Over here, children eat CANDY that looks like this. Are they really those colors??

Ron Conlon
07-03-2014, 07:01 PM
John, do they feed these food coloring?
Your photographs are always bursting with life, humor and/or insight--unmistakable. Loving this one.

adrian dancy
07-03-2014, 07:41 PM
A superb image with good colour and detail John.

As regards your final comments...it seems appropriate for posters putting up an image to 'bait' some of those who may comment. If, as a result, a comment is favoured by some posters it will (seemingly) be allowed even though it is 'off topic' to the subject of the image. However, if anyone (or perhaps just me) dissents then one may receive a PM charging one for making 'off topic comments'. Such a situation is manifestly unfair. So it seems you may have not only opened up a can of maggots...you may have opened up a can of worms as well:bg3:

MiroslavMaric
07-04-2014, 04:56 AM
Great capture John and I like the story too. What colors!? Yes it looks like candies :). TFS. Cheers! Miro

shane shacaluga
07-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Very nice! Would be a great background for the PC desktop :D

John Robinson
07-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks all. Yes they dye them with food stuffs. Not sure it works as I didn't catch anything.!!
Adrian- I have always been confused about when its ok to do some of the things we do and what makes a maggot any different from something much bigger.. Certainly don't want to start an off topic discussion.
Cheers
John

shane shacaluga
07-04-2014, 07:41 AM
We are conditioned by society to accept some things and not others

Its ok to eat a cow but not a dolphin in our culture, which makes no sense to me, but a cow on the other hand is sacred for Hindus so they would not consider it.

All of that aside, you have a good eye for making nice photos!

Steve Maxson
07-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Hi John. I was wondering where all those bright colors came from - dyes - interesting. I'm guessing that the pale ones are the natural color. (?) As for the image itself, I think it would be stronger with fewer specular highlights. :S3:

John Robinson
07-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks
Yes the pale ones are the normal colour. I,ve messed a bit with a filter on the hightlights and maybe its flattened it too much. Cant face cloning them out !!
Cheers
John

Satish Ranadive
07-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Excellent colors in the frame.I am not expert in Macro.

Regards,
Satish.