PDA

View Full Version : Theme Indian Wild A**

Nancy Bell
07-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Photographed in the Indian Wild A** Sanctuary in the Little Rann of Kutch in Gujarat State, India. This endangered animal makes a living in the huge saline desert here. Amazing to me!

I increased the temperature in the RAW conversion to bring out the color of the sky as the sun was setting on this very hot and dusty day.

Canon 7D, Canon 400 f4 DO IS, 1/400, f4, exp. comp. +1, ISO 400.

Comments and critiques most welcome.

Rachel Hollander
07-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Hi Nancy - great color and there's a simplicity to the image that works. Two things I might consider if it were mine, some cw rotation even if the *** was on a slope and moving the *** more off center a bit. Overall, a nicely done and processed silhouette.

TFS,
Rachel

P.S. I didn't realize the forum would auto insert *** for the name of the animal.

Tobie Schalkwyk
07-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Ha ha! So we can't just use any animal's name here, can we? :w3

I'd apply CW rotation to level it out but other than that a nice pic!

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Hi Nancy , great work all over, love the colors and the mood . No rotation for me if it was that way. I would just loose some of RHS content to get the animal a bit more off center.

I really like this one a lot :5 :cheers:.

TFS Andreas

Loi Nguyen
07-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Hi Nancy, lovely colors and a very peaceful scene. I understand you want to keep a low ISO, but I would think you could go to ISO-800 and/or reduce the SS to shoot at F5.6 or F8. Would love to see the moon a little more sharp. Is it a full frame image? I might try a vertical crop if there is more space above. Well done. Loi

Morkel Erasmus
07-04-2014, 02:36 AM
Haha, let's use the word "donkey" in this one, as the a word is automatically filtered out by the forum software.
Lovely mood here, Nancy, simplicity and beauty. The diagonal line makes it very strong indeed, I may even be tempted to rotate CCW a bit more!

Nancy Bell
07-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments! This is full frame and I do have a versions with crops both vertical and with less on the right side. Just couldn't decide which to post. Yes, very funny about the a** word :bg3:.