PDA

View Full Version : Stay away !!!

Andreas Liedmann
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
this was it, what the Seal in the BKG was trying to tell the fearful looking one in the FG . Obviously successful , because he was trying to get away from the slightly bigger guy.
Image taken at Donna Nook in England .Taken early morning , in good light.

Canon EOS 1D MK III
Ef 70 - 200 IS L at 200 mm
HH

F 8 ; ISO 200 ; 1/640 sec

Image processed In Canon DPP and PS CC , cropped to pano for comp , 75 % of FF.

Hope you like it , thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread.

C&C most welcome , cheers Andreas

Greg Payne
07-02-2014, 03:04 PM
Very nice. I like the angle and the looks on the animals. Well done.

Nancy Bell
07-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Love the highlights in the eyes of each animal that captures the viewers attention immediately; and that the larger animal is curved towards the other one. The title says it all! Also really like the low POV and that you captured some of the sand that bigger guy is kicking up. The bkgd animals blending together and the plain sky allow the emphasis on the main players.

Rachel Hollander
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi Andreas - nice light and dof. I like the kicked up sand too and the staggered comp of the animals. Good low pov as usual with your seal images. I might consider more of a pano with less sky.

TFS,
Rachel

Neil Burton
07-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Stonking light mate, love the slight splash of sand and dof. Pov is great but agree about the sky.

Andreas Liedmann
07-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Thanks Greg ,Nancy, Rachel and Neil for your feedback ,appreciate that.
I would like to keep the crop as is, because i do not want to cut off the seal on RHS or go tighter on LHS , if i would just crop only from the top , then i would loose the ratio ....... something i do not want .

Cheers Andreas

Loi Nguyen
07-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Hi Andreas, very nice interaction and good low POV. DOF is difficult to decide here as you want the two seals in good focus whereas the ones in the BG blur. F8 is probably the optimum choice here. Loi

Morkel Erasmus
07-04-2014, 02:38 AM
Love the sinister look on the seals - plus the low angle of course.
Another vote for pano?

Andreas Liedmann
07-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks Loi and Morkel for your comments, appreciate them .

Loi from my view technically not possible with the lens at 200 mm to get both in focus , because they have been to far apart from each other . For me it is all about the fearful look of the front one who got chased away from the numerous females in the BKG by the OOF male, hope that explains the situation.

Morkel from my understanding this format is already pano , but i will give it a try ......

Thanks again.Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
07-06-2014, 12:02 PM
A very very interesting point of shoot!!
Well dune.
You found a correct situation with right bG
Perfect!!

Andreas Liedmann
07-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks Giovanni