PDA

View Full Version : Lady Wilson's Phalarope

Brandon Holden
05-20-2008, 09:28 AM
http://www.peregrineprints.com/temp/PP2.jpg
600, 1DM2n, Full Frame

Just got back from 10 days at Point Pelee. The photography wasn't really the greatest, compared to what it can be like during the good times, but I still managed some shots i'm very very happy with! This female Wilson's Phalarope was quite tame, feeding in a small wet area of Hillman Marsh. The colours on the water are a combination of sunlight thunderheads, and dark blue undersides of rain, with the sun peeking through onto the bird. Earlier I was shooting right down near water level - but I elevated myself a bit when these clouds passed to try to capture some of the dramatic reflections and patterns on the water. She was tough to shoot, as she never stopped moving, so I was a bit too close on the reflection below, but I eventually decided to leave this as a full frame image, rather than try to add canvas to the bottom (at least for now).

Happy Shooting!

Brandon

Alfred Forns
05-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Brandon I like the image Excellent feel !!! Great head angle, lots of shadow detail and a good reflection.

Wouldn't mind given a couple of areas more density. Might not be over but will look better with detail. The white in the face and breast area. Should be easy.

Crop wise would try a couple of different images from this one. One including the refection and adding canvas (head slightly clipped). Would lighten reflection. The other is to do away with the reflection for a bigger in frame look at the bird. Love the color of the water. Good thinking on options with the changing light !!!!

Manos Papadomanolakis
05-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Nice colors,reflection and details,I would prefer a lower angle

Julie Kenward
05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Love the lighting in this image. It's fantastic! Very unusual and it really draws my eye in to the bird.

Arthur Morris
05-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Spectacular pose, light, reflections, color, and sharpness. Oh for the rest of the reflection...