PDA

View Full Version : Theme Chobe Crocscape

Morkel Erasmus
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I thought I'd end off this month's theme with another of my own "animalscapes". On the photographic safari I hosted to the Chobe river in Botswana in March of this year, we were able to glide our photographic boat in close to a young Nile Crocodile that was basking in the late morning sun. Some interesting cloud cover and soft light made it an easy choice to go for wide-angle scapes of this critter in his environment.

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 @ 24mm
Kenko PRO Circular Polariser
f5.6 | 1/500 SS | ISO-200

Gabriela Plesea
06-30-2014, 03:40 PM
This is so cool Morkel, if I may say so...

The marbled sky takes my breath away, as well as the open and delightful space and the croc basking in the sun - very original and I like your style, immediately appealing in terms of composition and colours - very well done!

Kind regards,

Tobie Schalkwyk
07-01-2014, 12:23 AM
The CP filter really brought out the blues in this one, Morkel! My eyes tend to look for a little more foreground / higher horizon but that implies a lower POV if you wanted to keep the beautiful clouds so it's not always possible. It really looks like the croc put on a special smile! A nice keeper!

edwardselfe
07-01-2014, 02:17 AM
Beautiful - your style certainly.
Ed

Neil Burton
07-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Cannot lose with a sky like that Morkel! Excellent idea and execution!

Rachel Hollander
07-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Hi Morkel - very well done. Beautiful sky and an unusual choice of animal for the scape. Great that the croc picked its head up for you.

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
07-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi Morkel great job in capture and editing. Like the comp , clarity , colors, tones and that lovely sky the most.You are having a great sense to create wonderful skies :cheers:.

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
07-04-2014, 02:56 AM
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Beautiful - your style certainly.
Ed

I have to let the landscape photographer in me come out every now and again :cheers: