PDA

View Full Version : Lilies

Jackie Schuknecht
06-29-2014, 07:00 PM
I planted these in my tiny little condo garden and they are in full glorious bloom. They are yellow with red stripes. This was an IR shot and then toned to lavender. I used Topaz Clean cartoon detailed, then a texture from Joel Eaves (lavender colour), then did a vignette blur in NIK selecting lavender for the vignette.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
06-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Jackie,

Beautiful, Jackie. Would never have put together the processing. The combination of the vignette blur with the detail and patterns is very effective in isolating the subject. The toning is great. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cheryl Slechta
06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Lovely toning on this one Jackie. I think I'd like just a little more room at the top.:S3:

Nancy Bell
06-30-2014, 07:05 PM
The lavender tones are beautiful, and a very creative approach to the yellow & red flowers you describe! Love the drama of the darker vignette and the inner explosion of pale, almost glowing whites with the profusion of pale purple lines and flower shapes. I also think a bit more room on the top.

Randall Farhy
06-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Jackie, a wonderful and creative treatment really subdues the vibrant colors of these flowers, transforming the image into something easier on the eyes. Agree with just a little more space on top-but really have nothing else to critique it on. Well done!

Anita Bower
07-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Gorgeous work. A beautiful composition and grouping of flowers. The light is perfect, as is the blurring and vignetting.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate them! I am so far behind!

Jan Forseth
08-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Jackie, I just love what you've done here with the monochromatic lavender tones. Would you be able to point us to Joel Eaves' lavender color texture online? (A google search didn't turn up anything today.)