PDA

View Full Version : NYC

Jackie Schuknecht
06-28-2014, 05:20 PM
I took this a couple of years ago, and to my somewhat dismay, I shot everything in jpeg. Just a simple pan blur in front of the Trump Hotel.

Cheryl Slechta
06-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Hi, Jackie, I like the perspective - I always feel a little "on tilt" when I'm in NYC:S3:

Paul Lagasi
06-28-2014, 07:13 PM
I agree with above, interesting angle and crop. Nice

Nancy Bell
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Very edgy with that perspective! I love that the angled lines on the road in the foreground take your eye to the bicyclist and yellow taxi. And then similar angled lines are in the buildings of the bkgd. All 3 diagonal layers, foreground, middle & bkgd all lead your eye somewhere beyond the frame to the right, moving forward as the traffic moves. Actually I'm amazed that you were able to find such a nice clean foreground and view of the bicyclist. It is certainly the abstract angle that creates the interest in an ordinary city street scene. Very creative to see this!

Anita Bower
07-04-2014, 04:28 AM
I completely agree with Nancy (doesn't she write fantasticly detailed and helpful comments?) The tilt of the image is disturbing in a good sense--as Cheryl wrote--it is how I feel in NYC. I like your creativity.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Yes, Nancy gives the most wonderful critiques. They are almost poetic. Thanks for the comments.