PDA

View Full Version : Killbear in B&W

Andrew McLachlan
06-27-2014, 09:36 PM
This one was to originally be my first attempt at using the new Tony Kuyper Luminosity Masks 'Action Panel Version 3' but I need more practice before posting any that are optimized with them :eek3: As a result I went for a simple Nik Silver Efex conversion of this image photographed last summer in Ontario's Killbear Provincial Park on the shores of scenic Georgian Bay. I will be away for the next 7 days up in this region again and hope to make a trip over for more Georgian Bay imagery and maybe even a few rattlesnake pics. See ya soon.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 25mm
ISO 50
f25 @ 0.6 sec

Look forward to comments.

Neil Burton
06-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Love the conversion and texture in those rocks. Would prefer to have the water smoothed with a longer SS. :)

Don Railton
06-28-2014, 10:03 PM
I agree the water in lower RHC looks a bit weird and I dont know why.. 25mm should not distort that much. Maybe it was very windy and its a little local microburst over that bit of the water??. The detail in the rock LLC is not as I might expect from a D800, but I bet its the conversion that has done something here.. Have a great Trip Andrew..

DON

Diane Miller
06-30-2014, 08:24 PM
At 0.6 sec that is probably motion blur on the water.

Andrew McLachlan
07-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks folks for the comments. The motion blur in the lower right may be because this right at the entrance to a narrower channel so the lake current could be different.