PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Color

Paul Lagasi
06-27-2014, 03:01 AM
The other day I went to a local road which is famous for Cerulean Warblers but on that day nothing was calling or visible. While walking along the road I came upon a stand of roadside wildflowers, it just caught my eye and I saw a OOTB image.

You must be getting tired of the same old thing but I love a painting effect, something I wish I could do with a brush but I just have no painting ability. :e3

Again my image was processed using Fotosketcher, oil painting, a bit of a boost in saturation. Hope your all enjoying summer.

Kerry Perkins
06-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Very pretty Paul and I love the colors and assortment of wildflowers. I used to think that I couldn't paint, then I took a workshop on painting over images in PS and found the happy medium! You might want to look into this technique, which allows you to add real brush strokes to your image without using a filter, which tends to randomize the brush strokes. It's a lot like tracing, only you are affecting the actual image and not just painting over it.

Nancy Bell
06-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Nice, bright and perky! Good composition of the flowers, especially with those two tall dark purple stalks as a casual frame. Might tone down just a bit of the brightness in the bkgd.

I also wish I had some painting ability. But I can trace so maybe I need to look into Kerry's suggestion.

Diane Miller
06-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Interesting treatment of a lovely group of flowers. I wonder if its possible to blur the BG a little more and still keep the flowers sharp. Maybe not.

Cheryl Slechta
06-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Hi, Paul, you know the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it":S3: Beautiful effect. I'd take out the tiny clump in the upper right corner but that is being very, very picky. The background looks like camo cloth. Kerry began a series of articles on the painting technique he's referring to in the May issue of Denise Ippolito's "mini-mag". The 2nd part of the article will be out on July 1.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Very pretty Paul. You have gotten a good grouping of daises with clean edges. Not easy. I think the BG is competing with the flowers though. Maybe a shallower DOF?:S3:

Anita Bower
07-04-2014, 04:34 AM
I'm glad you have found a way to paint without brushes. You do it so very well. This is a lovely, summery image. A lovely composition and grouping of flowers. I agree that the light bg in the center of the image is a distraction.