PDA

View Full Version : comfy fox cub

christopher galeski
06-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Taken the other day in disused quarry,cannon500mm IS,L,F4,tripod,7D,ISO400,f5.6,1/100s,crop,sharpened,some level's.For got to mention,check the ear's,one listening to it's right,and one forward checking me out.

Neil Burton
06-26-2014, 02:15 AM
Not sure about the square crop, it is also very tight... I would love more LHS to give more space to the tail. Colours are nice though and plenty of detail, wish I still had cubs to shoot! :)

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi Chris - First, your image does not have an embedded color profile. See the sticky at the top of the forum about saving for web. Nice alert pose and eye contact with good sharpness. If it were mine I would open the midtones. The blacks are a bit heavy too. I agree with Neil about a little more room would be preferable if you have it. Personally for me, the guano covered rock would not be ideal if I were making a print to hang on the wall but I understand that's where you found the fox.

TFS,
Rachel

keith mitchell
06-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Hi chris,I have noted the comments above ,agree with some not all, cub looks in great condition with a fine coat and brush,(For got to mention,check the ear's)you did very well with this.

Cheers Keith.

Arthur Morris
06-26-2014, 08:30 PM
Hey Chris, I like it as presented but a bit lighter would not hurt it. I'd love to see the full frame ORIG capture as a JPEG. What is the white stuff? I like his resting rock....

christopher galeski
06-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Thank's for looking and comment's,Rachel,thanks for comment's,the white bits on the rock's is not guano,it is some sort of mold,and it is all over rock's in my area were I live,Arthur,I will post original.Fox's breed in rock pile's in old quarry's were I live.hope this help's.

Loi Nguyen
06-26-2014, 11:24 PM
The intense start of the fox was mesmerizing and good details. I too feel the is a little bit dark and so tight. Loi

christopher galeski
06-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Image was taken in RAW,and converted to JEPEG,not been pross.

Neil Burton
06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
I think it is a form of litchen and pretty much everywhere in the UK due to the moisture ;)

I would certainly crop in and up from the bottom right, preserving the aspect ratio and putting the foxes face on the right most 3rd, and blur more the forground rock to soften the impact.

Arthur Morris
06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks Christopher for posting the full frame. I did not think that the white was bird poop :).

Do consider a wider crop like the one here. And do consider leaving the white lichens grey, the way that they appear in the wide image, while at the same time lightening the rest.

christopher galeski
06-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Thank you Neil for looking and comment's,

christopher galeski
06-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Thank you Neil for looking and comment's,Athur,thank's for your comment's.

Neil Burton
06-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Personally i would take more off the RHS, somewhere in the middle between fox and edge of canvas.

Gabriela Plesea
06-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Hello Chris,

"Just my two cents", like Andreas says: I do think the OP is a bit too tight and do prefer Artie's crop, I guess the OOF rock on the left made you crop tighter but somehow I like it there - the subject looks so cosy and kind of sheltered, almost as if the rock is an obstacle in the way of any intruder. Good processing and you brought out such lovely colours in the fur, also the fox is nice and sharp. The lichen does not bother me one bit, the subject's pose is great (including those attentive ears!) and what a lovely image altogether, would love to see an RP incorporating Rachel and Arthur's suggestions if you have the time and inclination to do so:w3

Kind regards,

christopher galeski
06-30-2014, 02:57 AM
Thankyou Gabriela for looking and comment's,I will post a image with a wider crop and a bit lighter as per suggestion's if possible.Today,thanks' again.

edwardselfe
07-01-2014, 02:18 AM
I think the IQ is suffering from the substantial crop. I would also leave it wider. It doesn't look very sharp from the FF jpeg so perhaps you've had to sharpen considerably. You did well to get the shot though and I would leave the rocks in.
Ed