PDA

View Full Version : Elk Bull in Jasper NP

Andreas Liedmann
06-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi folks ,
still staying away from Africa :bg3:.
Got this Elk following a female herd somewhere in Jasper NP , nothing spectacular , i just liked the typical thing with the tongue, sorry limited english for this behavior , appreciate your help for this :2eyes2:.

EOS 1 Dx
EF 200 - 400 IS L with TC in place, so 560 mm
HH rom car

F 8 ; Iso 3200 ; 1/ 640 sec.

Slight crop from LHS and Bottom for comp.

Processed with DPP 4.0 and PS CC

Hope you like it , thanks for watching and feedback to previous post.

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
06-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi Andreas - not sure if the tongue out is part of the elk chewing its cud. There's a nice simplicity to this portrait. I can't believe that I am saying this on one of your images but I find the grasses to be a little flat and would bring them up a bit. If it were mine I would also burn the lighter tree trunk between the antlers.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
06-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Rachel made some good points here, but I also like the simplicity and overall quality of this image - lovely details and soft mood here.

Steve Kaluski
06-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Hi Andreas, interesting to read the above, personally I'm happy as presented, if you have it then all I would do is move the crop up with less FG and more above.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Thanks Rachel, Morkel and Steve for watching and your feedback
RP followed your suggestions .........:bg3:, i like both versions either way.

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Andreas - rp looks good.:cheers:

Rachel

Arthur Morris
06-26-2014, 08:49 PM
I like the thing with the tongue. Not sure why so much do nothing grass at the bottom.... A nice rack but the "horizon" line cutting the animal in half is not a plus.

Andreas Liedmann
06-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Artie thanks for feedback

Gabriela Plesea
06-29-2014, 01:37 PM
I really like the RP Andreas, subject pops nicely and the colours are great! And I also like the tongue sticking out, kind of draws my attention to the Elk's face. Well processed and presented, and on a more personal note -you won't be staying away from Africa for long:t3

I do agree with Artie's point about the horizon but there was nothing you could do, right? I am quite sure you thought about it at the time you took the image but could not change the situation. I like to see all the detail you brought out on the face and fur of the Elk, great work Andreas!!!

Kind regards,

Andreas Liedmann
06-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks Gabriela for comment , yes no chance to change position , unless i leave my hide (car) , and we all should know what happens when we do so with animals in the wild ......... many times you see their butts :bg3:.

Cheers Andreas

edwardselfe
07-01-2014, 01:06 AM
RP is better in my opinion, and I don't mind the FG grasses. The tongue scenting behaviour is interesting.
Ed