PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Bosque Blur

Kerry Perkins
06-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok, so you didn't recognize it... :c3: On my second trip to Bosque, in 2011, I was hanging out by the side of the road waiting for a hawk to fly over. A little voice in my head, that sounded a lot like Artie, was saying "do some blurs!", so I shot a bunch of blurs using the grasses and trees that line the road. I was going to present this one just as it came from the camera, which was pretty cool, but I thought it would be fun to play with it a bit in PS. I ended up using Alien Skin Snap Art to make it look more like a painting, then I used Topaz Adjust "Solarized Dreams" to add another dimension to the image. I applied the Topaz layer at reduced opacity using the "Divide" blend mode and this is the result.

Kerry Perkins
06-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Here is the original image, just the RAW file with standard LR adjustments. I could do a lot of other things with this image and others I made that day. I already have another idea...

Cheryl Slechta
06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Hey, Kerry, the combination of filters is cool and OOTB for sure. I like what it did to the Bosque:S3: I looks like an exotic bird feather.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Interesting Kerry, I like the blur on the diagonal, and the vivid colours. I must say I am more of a fan of the original though.:S3:

Nancy Bell
06-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Kerry, I thought those were Bosque colors! I like those long diagonal lines. Like Jackie, I think I like the original colors better also.

Anita Bower
07-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I like both images. Each has a different feel. In the second image (the one with less processing), I especially like the lines of light that cross the lines of the grasses. In the first image you posted, I like the abstract look. I might tone down the saturation/brightness of the oranges and yellows in the right third, as they dominate the image.