PDA

View Full Version : Flamimg Tulip On Fire.

Daniel Cadieux
06-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Luckily I only need to walk out my front door during the early spring to get to tulips. Most are of the usual variety but we have one particular plant that blooms 4-5 flowers simultaneously (rather than one), deep fiery orange, and pointed petals kinda like a candle's flames. It is the jewel in our tulip crown:S3: Experimented with many aperture settings and found this one to be most appealing for my tastes for closeups.

Canon 7D + 100mm f/2.8 macro, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/60s., f/5.6, ISO 800, onboard flash @ +1 FEC, manual focus using the "rocking" technique, FF.

Jonathan Ashton
06-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes I think you have the narrow DOF just in the right plane, I like the colours and the framing very much.

Nancy Bell
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I am a huge fan of super close-ups and this is great! I really like the slivers of in-focus bits and the large areas of soft, saturated color. Very nice composition with the soft curves of the petals framing the inner parts.

Allen Sparks
06-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi Dan,
Selective focus is spot on and I really like the surrounding colors. Well done!

Bill Jobes
06-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Undulating petals like this are always very appealing.

I wonder if you considered cropping in a bit from the left, to eliminate those two dark segments at mid to mid-upper level in the frame. I find they pull by eye from the central theme of the image.

Arthur Morris
06-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Love the riich colors and selective focus. My eyes are begging for more room at the bottom.