PDA

View Full Version : Gatorland Rookery Update - May 2008

Mike Godwin
05-19-2008, 08:56 PM
http://gatorland.com/blogs/rookery/files/2008/05/51608-osprey_1.jpg

Things are really getting active in the Gatorland Rookery, as action can be found everywhere within the Breeding Marsh. From diving Osprey above, to mating alligators below, Gatorland has plenty of photo opportunities for everyone right now.

And it's about to get even better! Starting this week, we will change our "dawn to dusk" access times from Tues-Sat to Wed-Sun. With the price of gas where it is, I know you need to get the most out of every trip, so we will now be open all weekend for those that wish to make the trip over. There is plenty going on these days, and the Rookery is almost busting at the seams with babies of all shapes and sizes! Many of the early nesters are beginning to fledge, and we still have plenty of courting and new nests being made... so right now is a great time to get a good mix of everything... but don't worry, there will be plenty of action in June for the second BPN GTG!

Mike Godwin
Gatorland

Fabs Forns
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the update, Mike!!! Great catch :) Makes me think of the Finland fish factory :)

Robert Amoruso
05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
This is sick Mike :eek: - you just can't leave me alone - now I find this picture here.:)

Alfred Forns
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the update Mike !!!! You sure have an awesome place !!!