William Dickson
06-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Canon 5D Mkiii
Canon f/2.8 300mm with 2x iii
f/10
1/500
ISO 500
Exposure bias +1.3 step

This is the male bird, which I captured along with the female on my earlier thread, at The Old Course, St Andrews

Thanks for having a look

Paul Lagasi
06-23-2014, 05:01 PM
William this is a bird I haven't been able to cross paths with in England or Europe yet. Love the pose and presentation. If it were mine I'd probably have more room around the whole image but that's just my preferences. Super Capture

John Robinson
06-23-2014, 05:22 PM
William - Is this a "birdie "? Oh dear - I,m getting as bad as Packham !!!
Great shot. Love the unusual perch .
John

Iain Barker
06-23-2014, 06:33 PM
I really like your composition and the detail in the image here William. I have only seen these birds once or twice but overall the colours look nice and natural. I would if the head would have more detail if it was lightened slightly.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-23-2014, 06:46 PM
A nice bird with a good exposure and perch!

Arthur Morris
06-23-2014, 08:51 PM
This is a very fine image, sweet and simple. A bit wider with a bit more room for the perch might work very well. Me thinks that the bird could stand to be lightened a bit.

Could you have gotten any taller? It looks as if you were shooting a bit up at the bird.

arash_hazeghi
06-24-2014, 12:46 AM
very nice, the curved perch anchors the composition nicely. sharp with good details

William Dickson
06-24-2014, 01:20 AM
This is a very fine image, sweet and simple. A bit wider with a bit more room for the perch might work very well. Me thinks that the bird could stand to be lightened a bit.

Could you have gotten any taller? It looks as if you were shooting a bit up at the bird.

Thanks for that Artie, his perch was situated at the top of a large sand dune, I managed to get as high as I could, infact, my next shot would have been level with the bird, but alas, he flew off :S3:

christopher galeski
06-24-2014, 02:15 AM
very nice image,sharp with great detail,nice pose and perch,if mine ,may lighten the image a bit.

shane shacaluga
06-24-2014, 03:45 AM
Very nicely done. Agree with the lightening of the bird but there is good IQ, nice composition and an awesome perch!

Steve Kaluski
06-24-2014, 04:13 AM
Hi William, things have really kicked up another gear, excellent work and the 300 seems to be performing well, congrats. :cheers:

Cool perch and simplicity.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
06-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Lovely shot well focused and composed, exposure spot on. If i would change anything I would perhaps give just a little more head room.

William Dickson
06-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Hi William, things have really kicked up another gear, excellent work and the 300 seems to be performing well, congrats. :cheers:

Cool perch and simplicity.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve,

The 300 is fab, it is a pleasure to use.
I photographed the above subject with the 2xiii attached, and also photographed it bare lens, and for me there was no difference in IQ.
The lens is also great for BIF as it is easy to handle, even with the 2x attached :w3

William :cheers: