PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Flower Montage

Cheryl Slechta
06-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Since I stole Nancy's "Blowing in the Wind" title for my last image (I apologize Nancy:S3:) I decided not to name this one Blowing in the Wind Part 2! This was taken at the Palouse during a particularly windy day. There was an old barn on one side of the road and a field of wildflowers on the other side and I couldn't tear myself away from the flowers. I took one image that was a really long exposure which was very out of focus. I saved it to use as a texture so I used it on top of another image of the same field of flowers which was in focus but also a long exposure blur. I used Multiply blending mode at a reduced opacity and then used PS Paint Daubs (also at a reduced opacity) to add a little more texture.

Arthur Morris
06-22-2014, 08:13 PM
I love the look and wish only for more purple flowers in the lower half of the frame.

Diane Miller
06-23-2014, 10:40 AM
Wonderful treatment!! A perfect balance between the painting effect and the natural blur.

I wonder if it would work well to clone some of the flowers from the top left into the center, on a copy of the original in-focus blur, and then repeat the treatment. The cloning might not have to be absolutely perfect, as it might be concealed by the filter effects.

Nancy Bell
06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Very creative way to use the images and a wonderful "blowing in the wind" look! Very lovely soft layers of colors & just enough texture with the paint daubs. I especially like the top most layer of pale pink and purple.

Paul Lagasi
06-23-2014, 04:53 PM
I agree about the blowing in the wind, you get a real sense of motion. Well done

Jackie Schuknecht
06-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Very pretty Cheryl, nicely done!

Kerry Perkins
06-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Very pretty and good eye to see the possibilities. I agree with the thoughts about dropping some more purple flowers in the lower part of the image. I do love the soft treatment and the muted colors. Seems like a place I need to visit, it's not that far from where I live here on the left coast.

Randall Farhy
06-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Cheryl, love the colors, there's also a strong compositional pattern within the image. Just enough blur to show movement while retaining some texture detail. In Lieu of adding purple to the lower image area (an excellent suggestion)-perhaps a crop variant? Nice!

Cheryl Slechta
06-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Randall, I like your crop:S3: