PDA

View Full Version : Brown-hooded Parrot

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Recently I posted an image of this same specie but in a vertical composition as that was how I made the image. To be honest I hate to shoot a picture in one mode and then change to a different mode so I stick with what I composed in the first place.
I am a firm believer of composing and creating the image in camara as much as possible.
For this one I only had to wait one morning, set up a bunch of bananas and wait for the birds to land on my mossy perch! not so hard to do! ha ha ha, this is a common specie at one of the lodges we visit in my workshops.

For this one I used

1D4
600f/4
f/6.3
ISO1000
SS 1/60, yes there was not much light that morning.
fill Flash in manual mode

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Joe Senzatimore
06-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Stunning color and great perch and BG.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Amazing looking bird, nice perch, neat and clean BG & good comp. good sharp subject despite the slow SS. TFS Juan!

Rachel Hollander
06-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Beautiful colors. Your perch and bg work well. You achieved good sharpness for such a slow ss.

TFS,
Rachel

shane shacaluga
06-23-2014, 06:14 AM
Lovely image. feather detail is spot on but maybe the face is very slightly out of the focal plane or just a tad bright but does not quite have some of the finer details the wing feathers have

Perch and BG compliment the subject nicely

TFS

Holger Leyrer
06-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Nice image. The colours and details in the plumage are great.
I like the pose and the wonderful perch.

Stu Bowie
06-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi JC, love the colours on this parrot, good angled pose, and I do like the leafy perch.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks to all for your comments!
Yes, a good sharpness technique is mandatory in the rain forest as we are always struggling with low light levels. In my workshops I can help you maximize your sharpness technique, not always a technique is good or bad for you, instead, one has to learn which is the best approach to achive maximun sharpness with the gear one have.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Lovely image. feather detail is spot on but maybe the face is very slightly out of the focal plane or just a tad bright but does not quite have some of the finer details the wing feathers have

Perch and BG compliment the subject nicely

TFS
Shane.
I was checking the RAW file for this image and it appears sharp, especially in the eye and face but it is not visible in the jpg as this is a very small image. Thanks for commenting on my work! :)

Peter Scholer
06-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Great results for low SS love the living perch and pleasing pose on such a beautiful Parrot.