PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret

Joseph Przybyla
06-22-2014, 07:23 AM
I captured this image a week ago at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. I pretty much have it where I want and think it should be. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF shot at 300mm (450mm FFE)
1/2000 F/5.6 ISO 360 -2/3 EV
Post-processed in Lightroom 5, noise reduction to the background

Randy Stout
06-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Joe:

I think you have it pretty right as well! Nice display of the feet, good angle towards us, soft background but still identifiable, comp works.

I am seeing just a bit of noise in some areas of the bg. Doesn't bother me, having grown up with pushed Tri-X. but some might notice it.

If mine, I might have the whites be just a few points brighter in most areas, but I tend to push the edge on them, displays well as posted.

Nice one.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
06-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Whites look good to me here, but I realize some like it brighter or not. I love the near wing's position. Good comp and BG, except bummer about the darker area behind the bill. Yes, there is some noise visible in the BG despite having run NR.

Dvir Barkay
06-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Nice shot, good background color in contrast to the bird. I do see some noise as well.

Joseph Przybyla
06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Randy, Daniel, and Dvir, thank you for viewing and commenting. Here is a version with more noise reduction to the background. I also fixed a couple dark areas in the background.

Dvir Barkay
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Nice, better background, and the color has more life. I would think you can get more feather detail in the whites while still maintaining a good white point. Any chance I can have a go at the image to try to extract some more detail? PM me with the RAW or original TIFF if I can.