PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Lily Blur

Paul Lagasi
06-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I have been travelling quite a bit this year but I've been looking in from time to time.

Some lovely work in OOTB. Cheryl's landscapes, Kerry's artwork, Jackie's IR images, Nancy and Anita's flowers, Gary's Sage Grouse (a bird I've yet to photograph) and many more.

I just got back to work today so I had a bit of time to spend on my laptop and get caught up, then its off to Arizona for summer rarities and their are many there now.

The image below was taken at the Botanical Gardens in Tromso, Norway. I took two images on in perfect focus and one completely blurred, then layered the two, using the opacity slider in CS5 to control how much of each image is seen.

Take care everyone and have a great summer :tinysmile_shy_t:

Paul

Cheryl Slechta
06-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Hi, Paul, we've missed you in OOTB! I love this image - great color combination and I really like the feeling of depth you've created. I like the unopened buds amongst the fully opened lilies too. Take care and I hope you see lots of rarities in Arizona:S3:

Nancy Bell
06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Beautiful saturated oranges in those flowers. I really like the composition with the flowers flowing to each edge of the frame while moving my eye up. The darker green patterns of leaves make a great contrasting layer to "ground" the flowers. I like the amount of petal detail that can still be seen with the softening effect of the blur.

I have to look up and see what rarities are in Arizona right now. Good luck in seeing them!

gary ellwein
06-22-2014, 12:47 AM
Great color combo Paul. You have nicely balanced the sharp and blurred images.

Arthur Morris
06-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Love the look and the colors. A bit wider framing here might have improved this.

Anita Bower
07-08-2014, 01:12 PM
I missed this one. Congratulations.