PDA

View Full Version : Calla Lilies

Ron Conlon
06-20-2014, 09:56 PM
These callas deepen in color as they age, gaining more character.
Not until this year had I noticed that they spiral in two different hands, about 3:1 this year. No idea if it is genetic.

The recent usual: shot in a lightbox with a background and remote flash, tripod, D5100 200mm f/20 1/200s ISO 100

Nancy Bell
06-21-2014, 01:21 PM
This is a very graceful presentation with the smooth sweeping lines of the lilies, especially the one on the right. I like that the right one is larger and reaches over the other & the tip pointing that same direction. I also very much like the subtle change in color of the bkgd from dark green in the lower right and upwards to black. The variation accents the graceful lines of the lily, leading the eye up towards that delicate tip. Soft lighting is well done with highlights on just some of the curved edges. Very lovely! I must go back and see your other images in a lightbox.

Jonathan Ashton
06-21-2014, 01:21 PM
These images seem to just get better and better I love the detail and the lighting, usually two heads is a no no (1 or 3 is usually suggested) but it works for me - excellent - well done.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Agree. As I keep saying, you have the technique down pat. And you have a wonderful sense of design. Way to go Ron.

Ron Conlon
06-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Thanks, all, for your kind words.

Norm Dulak
06-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Sorry, Ron, that I'm late to this thread. But this is excellent in every way. It's delicate and beautiful.

Daniel Cadieux
06-24-2014, 07:01 AM
This is so beautiful! Great colours and deep green BG. Flawless except for a tiny dust spot at left of the left flower's stem.