PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Peregrine Falcons with DPP 4.0

arash_hazeghi
06-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Here is another frame from my trip to SoCal. Dave Salem and I spent a morning photographing these handsome juvenile falcons. We had overcast condition which provided nice soft light, I kept ISO high for flight.

Canon 1DX 600II + 1.4X III f/5.6 1/3200sec ISO 3200. handheld. Processed with latest DPP 4.0 which has many improvements. will start working on the guide soon!

keith mitchell
06-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Arash wish I new how you do this,so very sharp and handheld with that big lens and a TC,hardly dare nit pick on this excellent image but I wonder if a bit was taken off the left I know this would make it a bit square ,just my thoughts .Joy to view.

Regards Keith.

Blake Cook
06-20-2014, 08:00 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">Arash,

As usual a very nice falcon shot. It seems to me the photos processed in DPP 4.0 have a seamless quality about them. A bit like overuse of noise reduction used to create, but the photos don't lose detail. (perhaps a poor description, but this software is that different) Highlight recovery in gamma adjustments is amazing.

You mentioned "high ISO for flight" do you use quick switch between camera custom presets with the "M fn" button? I use it to instantly change to a lower ISO setup and back to high.

I look forward to your updated guide.

Blake<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" width="0" height="0">

arash_hazeghi
06-20-2014, 08:13 AM
<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0">Arash,

As usual a very nice falcon shot. It seems to me the photos processed in DPP 4.0 have a seamless quality about them. A bit like overuse of noise reduction used to create, but the photos don't lose detail. (perhaps a poor description, but this software is that different) Highlight recovery in gamma adjustments is amazing.

You mentioned "high ISO for flight" do you use quick switch between camera custom presets with the "M fn" button? I use it to instantly change to a lower ISO setup and back to high.

I look forward to your updated guide.

Blake<embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0"><embed id="application/x-exifeverywhere" type="application/x-exifeverywhere" height="0" width="0">

Thanks Blake,

I use Mf-n for other AF-related settings such as expanding or contracting the AF area depending, fortunately with my 1DX there isn't much need to lower the ISO.

best

Arash

Satish Ranadive
06-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Gorgeous image. Love the looks of the young ones, wonderful colors, details and great composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Holger Leyrer
06-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Gorgeous image. Love the looks of the young ones, wonderful colors, details and great composition.

I agree with Satish. Wonderful image. Well done, Arash.

Randy Stout
06-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Arash:

The soft light really allowed you to show wonderful detail, sharp.

Striking how much larger the left bird is, perhaps a female? I don't know when the raptor sexual dimorphism becomes apparent.

Well done.

Cheers

Randy

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Canīt wait to put my hands on the new DPP 4.0!
Another stellar image as usual Arash!
Those eyes are as sharp and vivid that they look like marbles! A really nice pair and great details!

christopher galeski
06-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Nice capture.sharp with great detail,pleasant light,the female is well bigger than the male in these two.well done.

arash_hazeghi
06-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone,

Randy, yes the left bird is a female

Bill Dix
06-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Beautiful soft light makes it work nicely. Great poses, amazing size difference. Terrific techs as usual.