PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Blowing in the wind

Nancy Bell
06-19-2014, 07:13 PM
I decided to photograph flowers today in spite of the wind. I used a Plamp to steady the flower somewhat. I really enjoyed watching a patch of these yellow flowers in the tall grasses, all gracefully bending and dancing in their own way to the wind, as they moved in and out of the sun. Seemed like a performance to me.

Topaz Clean 3, flowing curls @ 40% opacity, fractalius layer with overlay & reduced opacity, a reduced layer of tribal edges, Topaz Clean 3.

Anita Bower
06-20-2014, 05:47 AM
Very nice! You captured the feeling of movement. Beautiful shapes and light. I love what you did to the center of the flower--it looks alive and bubbling and glowing and happy.
How did you manage to get this flower in focus?

Paul Lagasi
06-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Nice processing, center of flower sharp and outside soft conveying movement.....TFS

Nancy Bell
06-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks Anita & Paul. Anita, I used a Plamp holding the stem of flower about in the middle, so the flower still had some sway but not freely blowing around. Then I took lots of images to get one with the center focused. I also used a tripod.

Anita Bower
06-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks Anita & Paul. Anita, I used a Plamp holding the stem of flower about in the middle, so the flower still had some sway but not freely blowing around. Then I took lots of images to get one with the center focused. I also used a tripod.
Thanks. Did you use auto focus? I find that focusing is the most difficult part for me in these types of situations. I usually use Live View, which is not so easy with moving flowers.

Nancy Bell
06-21-2014, 05:34 PM
Anita, autofocus here. I generally use Live View when the subject is motionless and I am in a good position to see Live View squarely. I was sort of bent over in this situation.

stuart wanuck
06-21-2014, 06:47 PM
sgarp center and pleasing to the eye

Nancy Bell
06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks Stuart!

Jackie Schuknecht
06-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Nicely framed and the colours are pleasing and vibrant! I like the hints of light coming through and the movement.