PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Pink Cosmos

Anita Bower
06-19-2014, 04:58 AM
My first Cosmos of the summer.
50mm lens
Processed in Elements 10: square crop; clone, burn, dodge, saturation/desaturation sponge; Topaz Detail and Viveza for center; CEP> Glamour Glow; Topaz DeNoise.
Texture: "Spring Green" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/siennapictures/5676420509/in/photostream) by by Sienna62.

Constructive critique welcome.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-19-2014, 01:59 PM
The main flower is lovely Anita. The curve of the stem, the dancing petals, and the pink/green combo is a favourite of mine. I might clone out the leaf pointing downwards, between the two stems. I assume you shot this in your garden and not indoors?

Anita Bower
06-19-2014, 03:28 PM
The main flower is lovely Anita. The curve of the stem, the dancing petals, and the pink/green combo is a favourite of mine. I might clone out the leaf pointing downwards, between the two stems. I assume you shot this in your garden and not indoors?
Thanks, Jackie. Good suggestions about cloning out that one leaf. Yes, I took it in my garden, handheld, 50mm lens, f1.8. I love using this lens with wide open aperture.

Nancy Bell
06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Simply lovely! Love the beautiful soft pink flower with that hint of another behind it. I really like the curl of that one petal gracefully reaching over the center. Makes me think of a ballerina pose. I agree that you get a wonderful effect with that lens wide open. The natural softness and blend of colors are exquisite.

Anita Bower
06-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Simply lovely! Love the beautiful soft pink flower with that hint of another behind it. I really like the curl of that one petal gracefully reaching over the center. Makes me think of a ballerina pose. I agree that you get a wonderful effect with that lens wide open. The natural softness and blend of colors are exquisite.
Thanks, Nancy. Those two little petals curving over the center attracted my attention.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
06-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Anita,

Greetings. The color really holds my eye. The dark detailing of the yellow center and the radiant pink. I would be inclined toward a crop from the bottom and left ending with a landscape aspect ratio. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Anita Bower
06-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Anita,

Greetings. The color really holds my eye. The dark detailing of the yellow center and the radiant pink. I would be inclined toward a crop from the bottom and left ending with a landscape aspect ratio. Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-
Thanks, Michael. Interestingly enough, this began as a landscape aspect image, which I cropped to a square.

Diane Miller
06-20-2014, 11:14 PM
I love cosmos and this is beautiful! I also think a crop from the bottom would be an alternative, and/or include more (if you have it) on the top and left. It wouldn't be hard to manufacture it.

Anita Bower
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
I love cosmos and this is beautiful! I also think a crop from the bottom would be an alternative, and/or include more (if you have it) on the top and left. It wouldn't be hard to manufacture it.
Thanks, Diane.

Hazel Grant
06-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Ditto to all the compliments above. Lovely.

Paul Lagasi
06-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Ditto x 2, sweet image well processed

Anita Bower
06-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Ditto x 2, sweet image well processed
:-) thanks

Arthur Morris
06-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Th soft pinks and greens rock and the square crop is perfect.

Anita Bower
06-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Th soft pinks and greens rock and the square crop is perfect.

Thanks, Artie!!