PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling (Calidris alba)

Holger Leyrer
06-15-2014, 08:01 AM
Hello,

from my last holiday

Canon 1D MKIV * Canon EF800mm f/5.6L IS USM * f/6.3 * 1/1250s * ISO 400 * Berlebach Wood-Tripod * Sachtler Fluid Head

All comments welcome

Marina Scarr
06-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Lovely bird, pose with nice IQ. I love the soft colors of the FG and BG, and the included shells work well. I would personally rather see less on the bottom and more on the top b/c I feel the OOF FG is a bit distracting and keeps your eye from focusing on your subject.

Jonathan Ashton
06-15-2014, 02:11 PM
Lovely quality and details in the plumage, I would agree the large triangular sandy area at the bottom left is just a little dominant in the frame.

Enrique Patino
06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Good qualities in this image as mentioned above. I think it needs significant CCW rotation. TFS

Stu Bowie
06-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Hi Holger, well exposed and sharp, and I like the slope in the overall image, together with all the shells. Another vote for taking some off the bottom.

christopher galeski
06-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Loverl'y capture,nice color's,like the shell's,agree on some off the bottom.

gail bisson
06-16-2014, 04:45 AM
These sanderlings are always on the move so it is nice that he stopped on a bit of clean sand with nice shells.
I assume he is on a slope of beach leading down to the water so no rotation needed.
I think this image could go a bit brighter. He has lovely breeding plumage colors.
A bit of a head turn would have been great to elevate this image a notch.
Well done,
Gail

Holger Leyrer
06-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions.

I feel the OOF FG is a bit distracting and keeps your eye from focusing on your subject.
Oh, and i like this OFF FG. I can't really explain it. But without this OFF FG the image is not complete. On the other hand all comments agree with yours ...
In a quiet hour I'll rework the image.

I assume he is on a slope of beach leading down to the water so no rotation needed.

Yes, that's right