PDA

View Full Version : wild rose

Ron Conlon
06-13-2014, 09:15 PM
On my bike ride home from work today, I noticed a profusion of tickseed (Coreopsis) blooms and stopped for a look. There were also wild lupins, blanket flowers, beard tongue, asters and this wild rose. I took samples of each, hoping they would not wilt in the few blocks ride remaining. Of the bunch, I think this wild rose turned out the best.
Taken in a light box with a background photo of out-of-focus foliage and remote flash, tripod, D5100 200mm 1/200s f/16 ISO 100.

Now that I have posted it, I see banding/posterization in the background--oops, don't know why that is there. Hmmm, retraced what my processing steps with this file as I remember them and the posterization doesn't appear. Oh well, my bad.

John Robinson
06-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Different from our wild rose with the bunch of flowers. Love the delicate flowers against a graduated back drop,
I don't mind the banding too much. I tend to get this when I burn in an area or darken it- one of the two anyway.
Nice one.
JohnR

Steve Maxson
06-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Hi Ron. Other than the posterization that you mentioned, (which can be fixed) this is another beauty! As usual, very nice light, comp, sharpness, and background!

Allen Sparks
06-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi Ron, Nice DOF and I like the background working with the white flowers. Nice image. -- Allen