PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarine Flycatcher

rahul belsare
06-12-2014, 11:24 PM
This is my first post here on BPN. I have joined this forum as I am very eager to learn good photography from the great masters here on this group.

Gear used here for this photo is
Nikon D7100
Nikkor 400mm F2.8 vrII
1.4 TC
Tripod
This is shot in Sattal India.

Thanks in advance for your valuable critics.

Doug West
06-12-2014, 11:57 PM
From what I see, looks pretty darn good to me. The exposure and sharpness
look dead on. You also did a fine job with the perch. Some times people leave
to much of a perch visible or the perch is to big for the bird. This one looks
perfect to me.

The colors are beautiful and the oof background is excellent.

Doug

David Kenny
06-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Well done. Good Exposure. The bird is nice and sharp. Nice catch light in the eyes. Nice clean background. I don't see anything wrong with this shot.

Dave

Diane Miller
06-13-2014, 10:39 PM
I agree with Doug and David -- welcome to BPN! This is a wonderful first post of a beautiful little bird, and we hope to see a lot of your work here!

My personal preference would be to leave more of the image top and bottom. It feels just a little crowded to me. Nothing wrong with that perch that needs to be cropped, as far as I can see.

Jim Keener
06-15-2014, 05:15 PM
That's a beautiful photograph, Rahul. I especially like the attention the bird gives you as you capture its image.

rahul belsare
06-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your valuable suggestions.

Arthur Morris
06-17-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi Again Rahul,

Great first post. Love the bird and the pose. Overall too light so I pulled the curve down a bit. Then I covered the light yellow broken part of the perch with a small Quick Mask. Is this at a feeder?

rahul belsare
06-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Thank you Arthur Sir, for your valuable suggestions on my first post on BPN. Sir this image is taken at Sattal in Himalayan foothills (Birds Paradise )where there is a natural home for these birds. Some people do put grains to attract birds but this I have captured on a natural perch in the forest near a small stream. Sir thank you once again for your valuable guidance.

Arthur Morris
06-19-2014, 09:19 AM
You are most welcome. A very sweet bird and photo.