PDA

View Full Version : Woodland Kingfisher

Peter Kes
05-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi All,
I agree with Geurt to make something out of BPN-SA. I am a regular visitor to Southern Africa and my next trip is scheduled for coming mid-Oct to mid-Nov visiting Pilanesberg and Okavango. I would love to participate in an organised trip, including sharing ideas and of course nature. If you are around Pilanesberg from 24-31 October, let me know, perhaps we could meet.

For now, let's forum...here's a first post, a lovely bird, typical song with it's usual prey.
Picture taken at Satara restcamp in Kruger Park.

Details:
MkIII + 500mm + 1.4TC
1/200 @ F5.6 @ EV+2/3
ISO200

Geurt Bloem
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Evening Peter,
I'd guess that Pilanesberg would be an easy trip for most of the BPN-SA guys to attend and its a place well worth visiting this year, as it had excellent rains the past summer. I was up there on Saturday and the Mankwe dam is overflowing full and lots of avian action around the big hide there. At the time you plan to arrive it would not have subsided either as there as still lots of little streams flowing indicated a well filled sub-surface water table. I suggest that we plan to make contact closer to October to set-up a date or two to meet up with you.

Lovely Woody you show here and Satara is well know for it's photographer friendly Woodies (and many other species as well). Hope you have planned a trip to Kruger as well.

Cheers

Valerio Tarone
06-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Excellent image , like pose, Bg.