Is it too much poor ?

Canon 5d Mark III
Canon 500 f.4
f.5,6
1/2500
iso 500

Carl Day
06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Doesn't really work for me Giovanni if I'm honest. I like a minimal image but I think a step too far with this one. The gull appears to be completely blown on my screen with only the outline of the bird showing, sorry!

I'd like to see the gull fully, maybe then on a complete white background but as a portrait shot instead, I think that would work.

Cheers,

Carl.

William Dickson
06-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Artistic Giovanni. I am sure it will be pleasing to some folks, but, I think there is too much blank space.

Gerald Kelberg
06-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Ciao Gio!

The more I look, the more I like it! And it is good to be experimenting and trying out different things (after all those boring Eagle shots :bg3::bg3::bg3:). Bravo!

I find I would like to see the feet as well as the legs - but the shot is as it is. Also, maybe you could look at cropping 20% or more to make the bird a little more prominent.

Best wishes, Gerald

Giovanni Frescura
06-12-2014, 04:29 AM
Off course I tried do to a different shoot ; no a normal gull on the snow..
I think also it is too much one leg.
Off course cropping a little no problem , for me, are interesting only some particulars in...nothing.
If I gived this feeling I tried with my intent.
So if you would like give me some advice too do it better (with this idea)
I will be happy
Thanks

gail bisson
06-12-2014, 05:40 AM
I keep coming back to this and I like it.
Very graphic and unusual.
I like where you have placed the gull in the frame. I might crop in from 3 sides by 10% to make the bird a bit bigger in the frame.
It would be nice to have the feet visible but overall I quite like this,
Gail

Bill Dix
06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
As said above, the more I look at it, the better I like it. Wonderful graphic quality that would work nicely as a card or print. It almost feels as if it could use a Chinese signature block in the corner. Comp is very nice. Always good to see something a little different, especially when it works as nicely as this.

arash_hazeghi
06-12-2014, 09:32 AM
It doesn't work for me Gio, it is an empty frame with parts of a bird...

Doug Brown
06-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Very striking image! You took high-key to the limit! I'd like to see a version with a bit cropped off the top and left of the frame.

Giovanni Frescura
06-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks a lot Gail.
Off course for feet but it was on a iced lake with snow..and feet are ..under

Giovanni Frescura
06-12-2014, 10:36 AM
As you saw ..different are the positions and I am happy about.
I made this shoot thinking before this situation and I decided to try a very very different solution.
The problem of this shoot is or you love it or it is bad...no middle point or valutation ...and for this reason it is very difficult use it for a contest.
I posted some time ago a white groose similar ( in the white) and sent it to an international contest with two different juries.
In one I received a Gold Medal in the other no ammission...
If you would like give me some notice to make more interesting no problem and the same no problem for bad notice!

Sandy Witvoet
06-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Giovanni.... This is quite refreshing and, I love your concept here. A "hint" at some feet may help. I can see this as a large, way cool print on canvas. Perhaps a bit less space on the left and top. Kudos for "going out on a limb" with this image! I am sure this photo, as you mentioned, elicits feelings/opinions on both ends of the spectrum...but that can often be a really good thing!

Giovanni Frescura
06-13-2014, 03:05 AM
Hello Sandy thanks
I think is a good think talk about photos out of "normal" aind it could help all us to see the situation "also" in different way.
It is important that it start from an idea ...then if it is ok or bad it isn't a big problem but...you tried and this, for me, is important

Andreas Liedmann
06-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Giovanni i like it , a bit small in the frame , but that can be addressed , i think.
TFS Andreas

Marina Scarr
06-14-2014, 06:55 PM
This is a killer photograph and, if it were mine, I would submit it to the BBC contest next year. It's out of the box. I like everything about it, and it's GREAT and REFRESHING to see something truly unique.

Giovanni Frescura
06-15-2014, 09:10 AM
This is a killer photograph and, if it were mine, I would submit it to the BBC contest next year. It's out of the box. I like everything about it, and it's GREAT and REFRESHING to see something truly unique.

Hello Marina
thanks a lot for your works ...and I am honored to received from you a so very nice comment!
Thanks again
Gio

Sidharth Kodikal
06-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Oh man, this is beautiful. So very out of the box and unique. I figure this is one that would either be an instant hit with the viewer of just not work, but nothing in between. I love it.