PDA

View Full Version : Blue-winged Warbler

Bill Dix
06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Here's my version of the pretty little Blue-winged Warbler that Geoffrey and I photographed on Sunday. From my angle, there was a dark oof branch behind him, that I cloned out. Also, the twig at the left passed behind the tail, which I found distracting. So I rotated it CW around its juncture with the main twig, to clear the tail.

This had been an attempt to try some of Daniel's fieldcraft. Using spring clips, we set up a lovely Wild Rose stem with a perfect smooth distant BG. He perched everywhere except on his intended perch; the closest he came was to perch on one of the spring clips! The good news is that he gave us the opportunity to see him on a variety of vegetation, yielding a series of dramatically different images.

D7000, 700mm, ISO 800, 1/800s @ f/6.3 manual, audio.

John Robinson
06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Another clonker Bill. Youare doing well warbler wise of late. Maybe its the D7000 !!!!
Great camera and great shot from it. Still use mine as a spare for the D7100. Wish they,d put a flash sync socket on them. I miss it.
Cheers
John

Karl Egressy
06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
I really like this one, Bill. The background with the OOF foliage might not be the best , but the singing pose, excellent details and colors makes up for it.

Pamela de Zilva
06-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Bill, You ended up with a good looking bird with a great pose. Love the angle. Pamela

William Dickson
06-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Lovely sharp image Bill, and the colour of yellows are outstanding

Ian Wilson
06-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Great work Bill. Despite your travails the bird has turned out so well, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun. Cheers, Ian

christopher galeski
06-12-2014, 03:00 AM
very nice capture,nice pose,sharp with good detail.

gail bisson
06-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Excellent PP work. can you explain how you rotated the branch in PP?
A nice image of this warbler with lots of good details.
Great eye level view,
Gail

Bill Dix
06-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Excellent PP work. can you explain how you rotated the branch in PP?
A nice image of this warbler with lots of good details.
Great eye level view,
Gail

Gail, I selected the twig, along with a little "hub" where it joins the other branch. Then I used Edit/Free Transform and grabbed the corner handle to rotate it. It then took a little nudging and cloning to make it look right.

Geoffrey Montagu
06-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Very nice version of this beauty. Your post prediction work is excellent clearing the branch away from the tail.

Geoffrey

Bill Dix
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone.