PDA

View Full Version : Red Squirrel

John Robinson
06-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Taken in a wood in North Lincs many years back,Probably about late 60 ,s Copy off an ecktachrome 100 asa tranny Tarted up a bit in Pain Shop Pro. Sharpening etc
No idea of techs but would be pentax spotmatic and as I say Ecktachrome 100 asa. We used to feed them with nuts and sunflower. Been gone many years now Took this from a hide on a Woodcock nearby.
The lens would be a tamron 70-210 (Remenber it guys as you scuttle around in your Zimmers !!!)
Cheers
John R
Thanks for comments on my rat pic.

Brendon Cremer
06-09-2014, 05:53 AM
Lovely image with great detail and lovely colours John, Perhaps a more pano crop by loosing some off the FG, maybe to just about 1cm below the feet, as the oof branch in the FG is also a little distracting.

John Robinson
06-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks Brendon
Will do later
Cheers
John

Morkel Erasmus
06-09-2014, 03:14 PM
The colours and setting are nice. I would have liked a lower angle here, and something bothers me about the difference in clarity/contrast between the squirrel and the surrounding dead leaves??

John Robinson
06-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Thanks Morkel
Yes I tried to punch it up a bit and got in a right mess and it was a copy done off a slide with my old system. I couldn't get any lower as I say I was really trying to do a woodcock. I,ll soften it down a bit later. As I say its an old one and I cant remember what I sharpened or softened. I know I would have done the sqidge if anything.
Cheers
John

Steve Canuel
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
When I see these pics from your neck of the woods, I wonder what kind of stuff I missed from my time spent there in the service (wasn't into photography back in those days.) These are certainly handsome little squirrels and hopefully their numbers can rebound.

Ian McHenry
06-10-2014, 01:05 AM
A fine picture John. Could be worth a play with free trial of Topaz adjust to soften it a bit.
Cheers: Ian Mc

Neil Burton
06-10-2014, 04:13 AM
Agree the leaves have too much contrast but the squidger is a cracker John. Probably no red uns left there now?

John Robinson
06-10-2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks
haven'thad the chance to play with it yet-got one or two prpblems,#
Neil
Yes long gone I,m affraid. They actually built a motor way through the wood I believe !
Cheers
JohnR

KathieThomas
06-10-2014, 06:40 AM
What a great shot. Looks like he has a spiky hairdo.