Focal Length = 135mm
Color Space = sRGB
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
Tripod
Shutter release cable

http://jmelanson.smugmug.com/photos/295408039_FASUh-O.jpg

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice color in the sky and just right silhouette of the boat.

The boat appears to be sailing away from you. I think in that case placing the sun in the right side of the frame and the boat in the relative position as it is now on the left side would have done two things - given it that "sailing into the sunset look" and balanced the two points of interest in the image. I might also suggest a lower vantage point would have put the boat more on top of the horizon and delineated the hull from the BG better.

Roman Kurywczak
05-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi Jody,
This has a very nice overall look as Robert mentioned but his improvement suggestions would definitely help IMO also. I know these situations happen fast and when we want one lens we usually have another one in hand........but I'll ask anyway.........did you take any with a longer lens of just the cloud in the sun and the tall ship with a bit of water ina vert???
That would be my choice for crop........but as these are personal preferences........still nicely done!

Don Lacy
05-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Very nice colors, I think this would work better as a vertical there is a little to much dead space to the right for me.

Robert Amoruso
05-20-2008, 06:34 AM
I agree with Don and Roman, a vertical is a very good idea for this image. That will strengthen it a lot.

Alfred Forns
05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Great suggestions !!!

Not sure about the vertical but could work. Would crop about half of the top? Would like the proportion Sure wish you would have had more clouds !!!!