PDA

View Full Version : Brown-throated Parakeets

Jody Melanson
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
My wife and I spent a week in hot and sunny Aruba.

Now trying to catch up with the back log of work.

Had a great time, I took 2860 pictures. Magnificent Frigate birds, Oyster Catchers, Laughing Gulls, Sanderlings, Iguanas, other Lizards, Brown Pelicans, Tropical Mockingbirds, Green Herons, Snowy Egrets, White Cheeked Pintails, Pied Billed Grebes, Brown-throated Parakeets, Bananaquits among others.

I highly recommend Aruba.

Will try to get some processing done and get in here to participate more.....

http://jmelanson.smugmug.com/photos/296115978_zp3Kv-O-1.jpg

Shawn Marques
05-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi Jody. This is a really nice capture of what I've found to be tough, fast objects to photograph- small parrots on the wing. You did really great here, especially considering that the bg is close in color to the birds' bodies. The blue wings he blurred bg makes them stand out well. Best regards

Gus Cobos
05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
WOW...:eek: Green on green...:eek::eek::eek: This one works very well due to the blue on the wings that makes them pop...good job...keep them coming...:D

Axel Hildebrandt
05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Great details and wing positions, the BG is great, too. I only wish for more eye contact and might apply some NR on the BG. Keep them coming. May I ask for a bananaquit? :)

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Jody !!! Looks like you had a great time and by the looks of this image some wonderful photo ops. Beautiful flight image and to capture the three together puts it over the top for me. Lok forward to seeing more.

Rod Wiley
05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
This looks like great wall paper, I love it

Glenn Bartley
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Really cool image Jody. Sharp and I love the Bg. Glad you had fun.

Nikolay Staykov - shotlandetsa
05-20-2008, 01:36 AM
very nice capture in a difficult situation. These birds are so splendid!