PDA

View Full Version : C Square Farm 2

Anita Bower
06-07-2014, 04:37 AM
A horse farm near us. Taken on an overcast day.
Processed in Elements 10: High Pass; Dodge & Burn; Saturation Sponge; Levels.
Textures:
"kk-0303:" Kim Klassen
"Sky:" Anita Bower
"There there": http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkwood67/8200847556/in/pool-textures4layers/
by darkwoods67
"Watercolor Green":
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eyes_eye/5557978638/in/pool-604871@N20/

Constructive critique welcome.

Arthur Morris
06-07-2014, 07:05 AM
Hi Anita, I love the horses and the basic image design. The post in the LRC is quite problematic from a compositional standpoint. That post is like a hand right in in my face.

Anita Bower
06-07-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi Anita, I love the horses and the basic image design. The post in the LRC is quite problematic from a compositional standpoint. That post is like a hand right in in my face.
Yes. I see what you mean. I'll work on it. Many thanks!

Judy Howle
06-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Very nice scene and processing Anita! The texture works well. Yeah, that post on the right is intruding. I hope you can do something about it. Maybe you could find a bush to put over it, or just clone/heal it out.

Nancy Bell
06-07-2014, 07:27 PM
I really like how the fences take you into the image and lead you back to the barn. You created a lovely glow in the sky that shines on the white barn. It feels like it just rained and the sky is starting to clear as the sun is setting. Horses may be small but add an important detail as the reason for those beautiful fenced pastures. Post thing already mentioned.

Anita Bower
06-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Thank you, Nancy and Judy. I Haven't been successful in eliminating the fence post. But, I have other photos of this scene that I can work on.
I really appreciate the feedback that the fence post ruins the image. It is amazing how one can not see something so obvious.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
06-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Lovely scene, the textures are gorgeous. Might have been nice to have the horses bigger, as a secondary focal point. Funny the things you don't see. (post) I do it all the time!

Anita Bower
06-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Lovely scene, the textures are gorgeous. Might have been nice to have the horses bigger, as a secondary focal point. Funny the things you don't see. (post) I do it all the time!
Thanks. And, yes, amazing how one can work on a photo and not see the obvious problem. I'll keep trying to photograph this barn. I hope they put the horses in the pasture closer to the barn.

Kerry Perkins
06-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Hi Anita, I love a good cloning challenge! I took the liberty of working the image very quickly, you can probably do a better job... I like the image so much I think it's well worth the effort to make this little fix. It's really a nice scene that reminds me a lot of my youth in rural Indiana. Very nice leading lines of the fences taking the eye up to the buildings, and the horses add interest to the center area. All in all, a very nice image.

Anita Bower
06-09-2014, 04:44 AM
Hi Anita, I love a good cloning challenge! I took the liberty of working the image very quickly, you can probably do a better job... I like the image so much I think it's well worth the effort to make this little fix. It's really a nice scene that reminds me a lot of my youth in rural Indiana. Very nice leading lines of the fences taking the eye up to the buildings, and the horses add interest to the center area. All in all, a very nice image.
Kerry. Thank you for your efforts and encouragement. I think you accidentally posted the original image, not your reworked one.

Kerry Perkins
06-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Anita, the post has been removed in my repost, if you'll pardon the pun...

Anita Bower
06-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Anita, the post has been removed in my repost, if you'll pardon the pun...
I'm confused. I see a large post in the lower right corner of the repost. Am I missing something?

Kerry Perkins
06-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Oops! No, it was me missing something. For some reason what's left of my brain was thinking lower left corner. The "never mind", which is what mine should be called these days, strikes again!

Anita Bower
06-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Oops! No, it was me missing something. For some reason what's left of my brain was thinking lower left corner. The "never mind", which is what mine should be called these days, strikes again!
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one whose brain functions less well these days. :bg3: