PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Screech- Owl

Cody Spencer
06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
http://codyspencerphotography.smugmug.com/NorthAmericanBirds-6/Owls-and-Nocturnals/Eastern-Screech-Owls/i-69wzFZw/0/XL/IMG_3115copy-XL.jpg

I had the privilege to release and reunite this owl with its family. A few days ago he was found in a trash can at a cemetery in Rockport Massachusetts dehydrated and hungry. He was taken to Cape Ann Wildlife, Inc where he was fed and rehydrated. We got to where he was found and placed him in a near by tree, got our shots, and then backed off and waited for the parents and other siblings to make themselves known. Just at dusk we began hearing the both the parents and the other babies in the trees in the area. We made visuals well into darkness of the parents flying about feeding the young. So awesome to be able to release an animal like this back to it's family!

Please excuse the noise in the pictures, all other critique/comments welcomed!

gail bisson
06-05-2014, 05:46 PM
What a great, happy story.
Great pose.
I would like a bit more room below if you have it.
I sure wish the broken branch was not by the foot.
If this was mine, I would clone out the OOF branches intersecting with the owlet.
Good image
Gail

Joe Galkowski
06-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Great story! How wonderful to be able to help this guy out. I tip my hat to you sir. I am sure the picture is secondary to the experience but, I feel obliged to comment on the picture so... I like the open bill, it adds interest to the shot.