PDA

View Full Version : Lithops Spp

John Robinson
06-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Lithops Spp.
I have to say I am addicted to these little plants.

D7000 Sigma150 macro
7Stacked images/ Combine CZM
Levels Paint Shop Pro
100ISO 125th sec@ f5
70% of full frame.
Cheers
JohnR

Ron Conlon
06-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I have seen these in the shops, but had no idea that they had such striking blooms. That changes everything: I thought of them as novelties that would soon lose my interest. Nice variation in the leaf colors, and nice stack. The nit I will pick is wanting the top edge to also be in focus.

John Robinson
06-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks Ron Top edge easily sorted. The flowers only last a day Great to keep as you only need to water them once a years. Have won first in our local show with the same pan of these for five years !!
Thanks
John

Jonathan Ashton
06-05-2014, 08:03 AM
What remarkable plants these are I have never seen the like before. A good result the definition and colors looks good.
How big are they, they look small. What if you were a little less close and used f16? I appreciate that stacking is intended to give the effect of greater DOF just wondered if you have compared the results?? Maybe I should investigate stacking again!

John Robinson
06-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Hi Jon
Yes I;ve tried that and various other combinations. I admit with modern gear we can afford to keep back a bit which I usually advocate anyway. If I stop down they just seem to lack that final "punch" that stacking seems toget. Its good fun anyway
John

BenBotha
06-07-2014, 02:40 PM
I love the succulents. The bright coloured flower looks out of place on a dessert plant-nature never cease to amaze. The stacking worked very well.
Ben

Diane Miller
06-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Incredibly wonderful! I had no idea they bloomed -- how outrageous!!

The gentle falloff in focus at the top doesn't bother me, in fact I like it.