PDA

View Full Version : Fledged Wheatear

christopher galeski
06-04-2014, 02:54 AM
This image was taken very early this morning of a young wheatear,the BG is vegetation and small quarry rocks,cannon500mm IS,F4,tripod,7D,1/4 x EX,giving 700mm FL,crop,sharpened,denoise BG,removed bright rocks bottom of frame.ISO400,1/250S,F5.6.

gail bisson
06-04-2014, 04:17 AM
I think this is lovely.
I like the perky pose and the nice head turn. I think the composition and placement of the bird in the frame is just right. The perch is a perfect size for this little guy and the lichen adds a nice visual touch.
I would blend/soften/clone the bright green band touching the birds chest.
It may be my eyes but I find the eye a bit soft and would sharpen that area a bit more. I would also increase the brightness of the bird very slightly,
Gail

Jonathan Ashton
06-04-2014, 05:31 AM
I like the compsoition and the pose, as soon as I saw it I though the eye and top of the head were a little less sharp than I would have expected. I would suggest brighten up the eye and the area around it slightly and then try for a little more sharpening.

keith mitchell
06-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Chris nit covered re sharpening ,classic pose and perch, like it a lot.

Cheers Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
06-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Lovely image Chris, well composed and I really like the pose from the little bird as well as its "perch". I agree with comments above regarding the need of sharpening from the eye above, easy to fix and you've got a winner on your hands, I enjoyed viewing very much - thank you!

Kind regards,

Bill Dix
06-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Bird, perch and BG are lovely. I hope some selective sharpening will help, since this is an image worth the work. I fear that the focus point was on the flank, and that the head is OOF.

John Robinson
06-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Nits covered Chris.
Nice one. better get myself up to our patch- if it stops being what you might call "WET"
Cheers
John

Binu John
06-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Lovely bird, pose and BG! I would sharpen the bird more as others suggested. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2014, 02:18 PM
What a cute little fella. I love the perch it chose to land on. Well composed image, and well exposed. Yes, the head seems soft - it can certainly be sharpened for web display. I'd also lighten the reflection in the eye. Although they may have be there on the raw file, I do find the bright greyish "halos" near the tail and head a bit distracting and I would clone in some green on them...the rest of the background is fantastic though!

Sidharth Kodikal
06-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Sweet bird, perfect eye contact and I like the details in the bg and on that nice rock perch. Well done Chris.

christopher galeski
06-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Thanks for looking,and I agree with comment's.

David Salem
06-05-2014, 12:31 AM
Nice one Chris. I like the profile pose for this one and the BG and perch look great. Well done