PDA

View Full Version : Azure Kingfisher

Pamela de Zilva
06-03-2014, 03:56 AM
Taken at a local park.

Nikon D800E +1.4TC + Tripod
ISO 1250, 7.1, 1/500s +1.0 compensation.
Matrix metering, manual mode.

Cropped for comp, sharpening, and curves.

Thanks for looking, and for your imput.

Ian Wilson
06-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Good work Pamela. These are gorgeous little birds. I am thinking that some selective sharpening on the bill might be helpful, it looks just a bit 'soft' towards the tip. Overall a fine image - well done!

dennis greenwood
06-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Hi, With Ian on the Bill, but saying that its a beautiful image with a lovely clean BG

John Rowell
06-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Pamela, very nice image of this Kingfisher. Terrific colors in this little bird and you've set him off well with a nice clean background and good placement. Overall, the image appears a bit dark to me. It would also benefit from a little more sharpening in the fine feathers and bill.

John Robinson
06-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I,ll go with the comments above generally. I have to admit though I prefer a little something in the background of these sort of shots- to give a sense of habitat. I know its not always possible.
Very attractive little chap
JohnR

Binu John
06-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Beautiful bird, pose, perch and BG. Nicely done! I agree that the bird looks a bit dark. TFS

Daniel Cadieux
06-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Good looking subject with nice deep colours. Such a short tail! Very simple image design that keeps your focus on the KF (but I agree something more in the BG, even some colour gradiant, usually adds alot). I do wish the subject was a bit higher and right in the frame.

Pamela de Zilva
06-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Good looking subject with nice deep colours. Such a short tail! Very simple image design that keeps your focus on the KF (but I agree something more in the BG, even some colour gradiant, usually adds alot). I do wish the subject was a bit higher and right in the frame.

I have attempted to rectify the problems. I hope this meets with your approval.

Pamela

Pamela de Zilva
06-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Good work Pamela. These are gorgeous little birds. I am thinking that some selective sharpening on the bill might be helpful, it looks just a bit 'soft' towards the tip. Overall a fine image - well done!

Thanks Ian for your observations. I have sharpened the bill in the re-post.

Regards
Pamela

Ian Wilson
06-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Repost looks much better - it's amazing how a few simple tweaks can lift an image. Well done! Regards, Ian

keith mitchell
06-04-2014, 02:15 AM
Pamela takes me back to my great trip on the Daintree river in Queensland and seeing these super looking birds, must say I personally prefer the original post and you did very well getting that lovely clean BG,lovely piece of work.

Regards Keith.

John Robinson
06-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Second better regards sharpening etc.
JohnR

Gabriela Plesea
06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Fantastic capture Pamela, I so love these little guys and it's just magic that you have that impeccable BG behind him, the colours are fantastic and there's some nice detail there in the feathers! The RP works for me, great work, looking forward to more from you:wave:

Kind regards,

Kaido Rummel
06-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Great photo - excellent details, perch and pose. The original BG seems a bit too sterile but the repost is much better.