PDA

View Full Version : Beep-Beep

David Salem
06-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Caught this Roadrunner a few weeks ago while shooting a Peregrine falcon eyrie in San Diego. Looks like he was keeping an eye out for the coyote:w3 Hope you like it.

1DX---840mm---f7.1---ss1/2500---ISO800---HH@ 6:30pm---30% crop

Thanks as always for looking and for your input. I appreciate it.

David

arash_hazeghi
06-03-2014, 12:15 AM
lovely light with great pose and excellent IQ. well done

see you soon

Joe Galkowski
06-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Great portrait of one of my favorite birds. Great BG too. Nicely done! This is really well photographed and an example of nothing to distract the viewer. But, in an effort to try to provide food for thought, perhaps consider doing a little reduction of the exposure on the rock. A little burning here might help minimize the competing contrast between the rock and the BG and help keep the viewer's eye on the bird. I tried it myself and I think it might be a very slight improvement. Of course, I might be alone in this opinion. Thanks for sharing.

David Salem
06-03-2014, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the comment and suggestion Joe. Funny you mentioned it because I did burn the rock a bit but wondered if a little more would look good. Maybe. It looks ok on my monitor. See what the other monitors think:) Thanks again

Thanks Arash, see ya here in a few days!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
06-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Great image of this bird David. I like the comp, the superb detail and the alert pose.

BenBotha
06-03-2014, 04:11 AM
I like the image and the bird. Agree about the perch.
Ben

Jonathan Ashton
06-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Like it - love it! The pose and the lighting are excellent, I didn't appreciate there was a metallic sheen in the plumage until I saw this image.

Ian Wilson
06-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Wow, nothing to add to other comments, just a superb image. Agree about the brightness of the perch but overall an outstanding capture. Cheers, Ian

Kaido Rummel
06-03-2014, 06:02 AM
What a great image - fantastic pose, excellent BG, details and light. Thanks for sharing!

christopher galeski
06-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Magic image,great pose,nice light,good BG,well done.

Bradley James
06-03-2014, 07:32 AM
What a great looking bird. I love the pose and the BG is to die for

Andreas Liedmann
06-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi David great shot with loads of detail and a superb BKG. Well done :cheers:.

But you need to embed a color profile into the file, that we all can see the same colors , basically ,because here you have some fancy red going on . I am looking on calibrated EIZO Pro screen ………..:w3.

Took this into PS , it looks even worst, then i assigned the sRGB profile , wonder if this looks more natural now or not ?

Cheers Andreas

John Robinson
06-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Great pose and everything. Super IQ.
Don't know about colour and stuff but I was lead to believe that if no profile is"embeded/attached" it defaults to sRGB anyway.
Cheers
JohnR

Binu John
06-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Excellent shot, David! Love the pose, perch, BG and IQ! It couldn't get any better than this! Well done!

Karl Egressy
06-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Great pose and background of a great bird, David.

David Salem
06-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks allot everyone, I appreciate the comments.

Must be how I'm saving my files but they should default to sRGB.

I will burn the rock a bit more before I final it. Thanks.

Daniel Cadieux
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Lots to like here, I especially like the feet gripping the rock and the sheen on the primaries. Perfect head angle and very appealing BG.

Sridatta Chegu
06-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Lovely shot with excellent pose that shows the bird's "attitude".
(I agree with others on the rock)

Sidharth Kodikal
06-03-2014, 05:39 PM
What a gorgeous image, Dave! The pose with that perfect head tilt couldn't have any better. Light is great (never seen anything but great light in your photos), bg and rock perch are beautiful. I'm loving the sheen on the feathers and your bird placement. The long tail balances the image so nicely for me. I'm thoroughly enjoying this image and have stared at it for a while. TFS!

David Salem
06-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate it.

Thanks Sid, I'm glad you liked it.

gail bisson
06-04-2014, 04:36 AM
I am late to the party but agree with all the comments. Love that little head cock and the iridescence of the feathers.
A keeper for sure!
gail

Satish Ranadive
06-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Spectacular image of beautiful bird. Every thing has been said. Love the way bird pops up against beautiful BG, pose and his crest.

Regards,
Satish.

Diane Miller
06-04-2014, 09:09 PM
As there are many different browsers, some of which are not color managed, it's always safest to embed the profile (and mandatory to convert to sRGB -- not assign) -- just check both boxes in Save for Web. Or an Export from LR will do them for you if you make the right selections there. (Then save as a preset.) The biggest probem with not having a profile embedded is when someone opens the image in PS and they don't have it set to warn them of profile mismatches or missing ones (Edit > Color settings). See the sticky in ETL on "Seeing Images Properly..."

Do I see cloning repeats in the righthand part of the rock?

Joe Galkowski
06-04-2014, 10:42 PM
As there are many different browsers, some of which are not color managed, it's always safest to embed the ...

Do I see cloning repeats in the righthand part of the rock?

Wow, good eyes. I miss the repeats.

David Salem
06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Ian, Your repost is identical to my post as it is sRGB also. Thanks for the help.
Diane, thanks for the info. I must not have the boxes checked in LR and PS. I just started with creative cloud a few months ago and must have been overlooking it. I will look at it.
You keep catching me with my crappy quick cloning jobs. Im usually pretty good at it and do some extensive canvas extensions and clean-ups but I have been so busy with work lately that I get home late at night and then process something for BPN in a hurry. I will start thinking of you looking for the repeats;) Thanks as always for your help.

Stu Bowie
06-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi David, a bit late here, but what brilliant light and IQ. Love the pose, and you have nailed the detail and sharpness on the roadrunner. Killer BG too. Well captured.